- Perform maintenance and inspection of process equipment on time using CMMS and in compliance to procedures to ensure their uninterrupted availability to support operations.
- Troubleshoot process equipment failures/malfunction and carry out remediation/corrective measures safely.
- Assist in development of work procedures, instructions and risk assessments. Implement equipment reliability improvement to avoid unplanned outage.
- Supervise the Maintenance technicians in preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot plant equipment problems and quickly carry out remediation/improvement work to minimize plant down time and to avoid its recurrence.
- Develop SOPs and Work Instructions to technicians, train and develop their competence.
- Perform risk assessments and evaluate content of maintenance plans in CMMS including methods, maintenance frequencies, resources, spares and tools needed.
- Plan and ensure adequate availability of spare parts in warehouse.
- Supervise the maintenance personnel to ensure Safety, Quality of work, completeness and cGMP compliance and provide day to day support to operations for maintenance, troubleshooting and technical issues.
- Supervise/organize external specialists, maintenance contractors to carry out Vessel repairs, Major overhauls etc.,
- Determine material, equipment, tools, and spare parts to be used for maintenance jobs.
- Act as one of the focal points to organize and assign maintenance work generated in CMMS and ensuring appropriate inputs to the system upon completion of activities. Review work orders on time, fix the gaps and coach the frontline team to ensure it complies with cGMP requirements.
- Coordinate maintenance activities, PCO & shutdowns with user groups and QA, where needed.
- Quickly respond to plant equipment issues such as breakdowns and provide necessary support beyond normal working hours.
- Inspect major maintenance/critical inspection/changeover tasks at site to assure flawless execution.
- Review maintenance activities on a routine basis to determine additional maintenance needs and plan for resources.
- Conduct RCFA together with Reliability Engineer to improve equipment reliability and to fix the recurring equipment issues.
- Assist reliability engineer to carry out RCM for the critical equipment/system and implement the outcome in the maintenance plan.
- Lead contamination prevention/elimination (including EM) initiatives and implement improvements to avoid recurrence.
- Review maintenance cost and to implement improvements to fix high-cost equipment failures/repairs.
- Facilitate/Lead cross functional teams to implement change plans, CAPAs viz., modifications, improvement to the equipment/system.
- Mentor and Coach Maintenance Technicians towards flawless maintenance execution.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
Qualification – Basic
- Degree or Masters in Engineering (Biomedical / Civil / Chemical / Electrical & Electronics / Instrumentation / Material Science / Mechanical / Pharmaceutical)
- At least 8-10 years of relevant work experience in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical / Chemical / Energy & Power / Oil & Gas industries is required.
Qualification – Preferred
- Familiar with cGMP principles and requirements
- Good working knowledge on functional areas on stationary/rotating equipment. Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Project).
- Strong knowledge of CMMS, Reliability and proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Project).
- Work on extended hours for major maintenance overhauls and responds to urgent maintenance work after office hours.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- To supervise technicians and external contractors on all work.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams to maximize results.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced