AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. Main focus areas in Japan include autoimmune disease, virus infection (e.g. HCV), neuroscience, and oncology.
For more information, please visit www.abbvie.co.jp
Summary of Job Description:
Brand Manager for Oncology Marketing Team
- Develop Venclexta brand strategy via close collaboration with various stakeholders (in English and Japanese)
- Work closely with the sales force and ensure flawless and effective implementation of Veneclexta brand tactics
- Establish and maintain relationships with KOLs, relevant organizations and other key stakeholders to develop and implement the strategy
- Plan and execute trainings for sales force together with field training team
- Drive cross functional project in collaboration with various stakeholders
- Identify opportunities and ways to better meet customers’ needs for short-term and long term
- Work collaboratively with other functions (Medical, Sales, etc.) within the company to facilitate implementation of commercial programs for the products
- External vendor management
- Conduct budget management
University degree or above
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing (sales experience and/or healthcare industry experiences are preferred)
- Effective communication (in Japanese and English TOEIC 850+): clear, concise, and persuasive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills, multitasking skills
- Analytical ability and an innovative mindset
- Ability to work in matrix / cross-functional environment which includes influence to the people on no direct report line.
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Autonomy, independence and assertiveness; a polished professional presence is essential
- Good fit with the ways we work
All for OneAbbvie - Interpersonal Savvy
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Decide Smart&Sure - Dealing With Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
Agile&Accountable - Managing Vision and Purpose
Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Clear&Courageous - Managerial Courage
Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Make Possibilities Real – Planning
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.