This role is an exciting opportunity to join the growing Toxins R&D teams, supporting both Allergan Aesthetics and AbbVie Toxin Therapeutics on innovative and cutting edge science and strategy in neurotoxins. The Vice President, Neurotoxins R&D is responsible for providing leadership, clinical expertise and strategy in the continued success and innovation of development, growth, and defense of the Neurotoxin portfolio.
This role will work in strong partnership with the SVP, Chief Scientific Officer BOTOX and Neurotoxins to provide scientific and medical strategy for the Neurotoxins franchise. This role will be spanning across, integrating and delivering on strategies across our Aesthetics and Therapeutics teams, in partnerships with multiple functions. This role has direct leadership and impact across both Allergan Aesthetics and AbbVie Therapeutics portfolio, on all indications and on market products for Botox and Neurotoxins.
Some key role attributes will be:
- He/she will lead neurotoxins overall & cross functional R&D strategy and interdependencies across & within Aesthetics & Therapeutics divisions.
- The incumbent will provide insights into long range strategy, commercial strategy and portfolio strategy for the franchise from the R&D perspective.
- He/she will sit on various cross functional and cross company committees representing Botox and Neurotoxins for Toxins related governance. This role will work closely with senior business development, commercial, legal and/or marketing personnel to provide scientific expertise, evaluation and strategy related to the Neurotoxin portfolio
- The incumbent will be an advisor with Legal IP on IP development and patent strategies for the franchise.
- He/she will provide critical guidance on clinical protocol review, and provide consultation and edits on regulatory reviews/submissions.
- He/she will also be accountable for mentoring functional resources to support business objectives around Botox and Neurotoxins.
- As applicable, the incumbent will also represent Allergan Aesthetics & AbbVie Therapeutics at Regulatory Agency meetings, KOL engagements, Ad Boards externally, workshops, symposia, trade shows and conferences. She/he will also interact and liaise with external content experts.
This position provides overall direction and coordination of activities to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, and alignment with company objectives / milestones / global project & asset teams.
- Minimum of 15 years leadership experience in a clinical setting and/or pharmaceutical setting.
- Ph. D or MD required. Medical Degree (MD) highly preferred. Experience in Neurology desirable, but not required.
- Strong clinical and/or drug development expertise
- Established reputation in the medical and/or pharmaceutical community preferred
- In depth understanding of US and international regulatory requirements highly desirable.
- Demonstrated work experience with mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Regular presence in Irvine (California) highly desirable
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced