Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm, and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Staff DevOps Engineer to add to our high-performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform.
We're looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.
As the Staff DevOps Engineer, you will report to the Director of DevOps & Cloud Infrastructure and continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most critical technical problems.
- Steward strategic architecture, systems and projects that may have a 3-6 month horizon with organizational reach across multiple teams
- Manage some degree of ambiguity when given direction to an business, technical or organizational outcome
- Be responsible for influencing technical decisions that span multiple teams
- Champion infrastructure code quality, reusability, scalability security and help make strategic software architecture decisions with the cloud architect
- Conduct systems design and infrastructure reviews
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers, Product and Project Management to take small ideas or concepts and turn them into high fidelity technical game plans and achieve the products and business goals
- Mentor software engineers utilizing proven design patterns and your experience building large scale public facing software
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires
- Relate to our core values (see below) and would like to contribute to a positive working environment and culture
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- At least 10+ years as a Devops Engineer with strong experience using AWS and Terraform
- Strong foundation in core networking, security and compliance
- Familiar with building infrastructure to support Microservices and Event Driven Architecture using Serverless, Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Proficient with CI/CD pipelines, shell scripting and instrumentation/monitoring solutions (ie, Datadog)
- Proponent of infrastructure-as-code, least privilege access, observability and other DevOps best practices
- Experience working with Software Engineers developing on serverless and containerized platforms
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct, and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials, and meetups, you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- *401k with dollar for dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- *17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- *Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- *12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- *Caregiver Leave
- *Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork office.
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year.
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro, Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits each year to use towards aesthetic treatments and products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations.
*New 2022 benefit
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced