Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at Abbvie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager, Product Strategy to add to our high performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences and had millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for an experienced product strategist to collaborate with cross functional teams and take a data driven approach in helping to shape and grow Allē via new market expansion, product partnerships, and new strategic initiatives.
We’re looking for candidates who are interested in working within a technology startup-oriented environment, while having the backing of a very large company. If that’s you, please read on.
As the Product Strategy Sr. Manager, you will report to the Director, Technology Operations & Strategy as well as continuously collaborating with key stakeholders across the business to grow Allē.
- Support our product team with strategic analysis and insights into our market opportunities within new international markets.
- Propose powerful product strategies to tackle our customer problems in outstanding ways and return disproportionate value to our business.
- Build financial models to forecast potential revenue and other success metrics for new businesses.
- Strategically evaluate new product opportunities, and how they fit in a product portfolio.
- Help refine investment focus and set the course for long-term revenue growth and expansion.
- Support leadership with insights and summaries of our plans.
- Assist in facilitating and leading international efforts that include serving as a liaison between our U.S. and international market resources in addition to working with consulting agencies to conduct in depth analysis on topics involving market research (competitive landscape, regulatory restrictions, customer research).
- Work with Allergan’s internal Research and Insights team to conduct qualitative and quantitative research with customers, account execs, partners and sales leadership to understand customer needs, perceived value of new product concepts, competitive alternatives, buying behavior and likelihood to buy.
- Research competitive products and business strategies to settle how we drive unique value and sustainable market advantages.
- Research and evaluate brand partnership opportunities that will enable sustainable growth to make Allē the product / platform for all things beauty and self-care.
- Work with cross-functional partners (Product, Data Science, Engineering, User Research) to surface opportunities and threats, outline data-driven strategic decisions, and frame actionable product growth recommendations.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 7+ years of experience in product strategy, product partnerships or management consulting (ideally a large digital product / software company)
- Equipped with the hard skills, strategic intellect and warmth to impact stability and efficiency.
- Ability and desire to dig into databases and produce insights on current situations, new opportunities, and product performance.
- Quick study who can apply lessons from different industries and products to the situation at hand.
- Market research, both qualitative and quantitative. Experience running projects and conducting customer / stakeholder interviews.
- Ability to form relationships and work collaboratively across the organization to get results.
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Mixapanel, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, , and/or statistical software
Preferred Experience & Skills
- MBA with quantitative focus
- Familiarity with our productivity toolset which includes Slack, Jira, Confluence, Miro, Google Workspace, MS Teams and Outlook.
- Experience in product growth strategies through new market expansion and partnerships.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- 401k with dollar-for-dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus, additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Caregiver Leave
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork office.
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year.
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro, Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits each year to use towards aesthetic treatments and products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced