Senior Digital Channel Specialist – Programmatic
If you live and breathe all things Digital, then we want to talk to you! The AbbVie Digital Lab is on a mission to transform data-driven digital marketing in the pharmaceutical industry. This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that has a passion for digital marketing. If you want to be a part of an industry-defining team, then we want to hear from you. The Lab is excited to welcome experienced digital talent from all industries.
The Senior Digital Channel Specialist - Programmatic sets the strategy and thought leadership for the Digital Lab. The specialist is a hands-on expert that will be responsible for media optimizations recommendations within the platforms that align to their channel specialty. Additionally, this role will help lead the development of appropriate digital plans designed to meet brand needs and marketing objectives as part of a broader omnichannel strategy. This individual should be highly collaborative, as they will be working with various internal brand leads, agencies, analytic, creative, and marketing technology partners as well as building buy-in from key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong track-record demonstrating how s/he has successfully taken ideas from inception to completion. The Media Channel Specialist will help AbbVie increase overall revenue and increase the ROI of paid advertising.Relocation assistance is available.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the development of digital media strategies in partnership with the media agency (e.g., audience, custom data and in platform recommendations, timing/scheduling strategy, creative recommendations, etc.) across media platforms within specified channels
- Collaborate with omni-channel media strategist to ensure campaigns are meeting goals, benchmarks and targeted media efficiency savings
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong external relationships with appropriate agency partners and vendors and internal cross-functional relationships in collaboration with various team members
- Act as channel expert shares that expertise to establish best practices for the brands
- Execute in the areas of planning, interact with partners, oversee campaign setup, QA optimization parameters, pacing, additional optimization tactics (I.e. device and day parting), targeting, reporting, etc.
- Prepare weekly reporting regarding trends and updated forecasting (KPIs, budget); highlight any downward trends in performance to the team which will help identify any issues and insights on recommended enhancements to media tactics
- Iterate on campaigns based on experimentation and testing including adjustment of bids and bid strategy in partnership with media agency for execution; drives successful financial performance through ongoing optimization
- Work with leadership team to research new and existing partners with the goal of enhancing media strategy and cost-savings.
- Remain abreast on industry updates, trends and findings and incorporates those learnings into AbbVie’s media plans
- Drive regular planning meetings with media platform account executives to develop pipeline of media optimizations that meet brand specific goals (directly with Google, Facebook, etc) based on channel focus
- 5+ years’ experience managing digital campaigns
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, quantitative or analytical field; MBA a plus
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced