At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at Abbvie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and many more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing Data Science and Engineering team to do just that.
Our leadership has a fresh and innovative vision for how the company should approach digital marketing and product. We are utilizing machine learning in an effort to intelligently engage our customers in a more personalized and effective way. Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences and had millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey
We’re looking for a strong, technically sound Senior Data Engineer - Platform who is interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
- Work with cross functional partners - Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers to understand and deliver data platform and infrastructure solutions.
- Champion code quality, reusability, scalability, security and help make strategic architecture decisions with the lead engineer
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data solutions using microservices and event driven architecture
- Build platform and infrastructure to support data pipelines, ML pipelines, microservices, data quality checks, data anomaly detection
Required Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer building data/ML platforms and solutions.
- Strong development experience with Python (or Scala/Java)
- Experience with Microservices and Event Driven Architecture using AWS, Serverless, Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and using distributed data processing frameworks like Apache Spark, Storm, Flink, etc
- Experience with API development to expose data products
- Experience with workflow management engines like Airflow
- Experience with architecting solution on cloud and developing CI/CD pipelines
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- 401k with dollar-for-dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus, additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Caregiver Leave.
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan.
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork office.
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year.
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro, Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits per year to use towards aesthetic treatments & products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced