Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics business at AbbVie, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Allergan Aesthetics brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for disruption and we’re building a high performing team to do just that.
Our leadership has a fresh and innovative vision for how the company should approach digital marketing and analytics. We’re looking for a strong, technically sound Sr Analyst, Marketing Business Intelligence who is interested in working within a startup oriented environment while having the backing of a large company. If that’s you, please read on.
The Sr Analyst, Marketing Business Intelligence partners with stakeholders across the business to answer analytical questions critical to the success of our teams and our customers, such as:
- What trends do we see across the business and where do we see opportunities to drive growth?
- Which of our marketing investments are most effective? How can we quantify financial performance and what ROI are we achieving?
- What are the right KPIs by which to measure the success of new product innovations; how can we track success and what insights should shape our strategy going forward?
You will design innovative analytic approaches to test hypotheses, extract actionable insights by identifying patterns in structured and unstructured data, and develop recommendations to drive business performance. You will be instrumental in leading the use of analytics as a critical value driver and source of competitive advantage across our organization.
- Apply advanced analytics techniques (core statistical-modeling, data visualization, data mining) to extract actionable insights through analysis of large-scale, high-dimensional data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the analytic needs across the business and provide accurate and actionable analysis to support their critical business decisions
- Shape the thinking of our teams but not only communicating the details of your analysis, but its business implications
- Develop dashboards to enable clear visibility into business performance
- Work with data engineers to ensure accurate and up-to-date data power each analysis.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Business Intelligence/Analytics or equivalent.
- Demonstrated 3+ years’ experience in driving business decisions with data-driven analyses.
- Highly proficient with SQL.
- Experience with a modern visualization tool like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Extensive experience building dashboards to present meaningful data insights and business opportunities.
- Comfortable using massive datasets and the big data eco-system.
- Experience applying statistical analyses and modeling to business problems; experiment design, hypothesis testing, regression, etc.
- Demonstrated ability working independently and applying exceptional creativity in solving open-ended problems.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills for data storytelling.
Preferred Experience & Technical Skills
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent
- Python scripting experience to perform data wrangling and analysis.
- Experience working with Snowflake or similar distributed databases.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced