The Toxin Innovation Group at Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie Company, is seeking a highly motivated Scientist who will contribute to the design, execution, and communication of novel research in a highly collaborative neurotoxin discovery & innovation program. The successful candidate for this position will contribute to projects aimed at pharmacological characterization of protein-based therapeutics. Under the supervision by senior personnel, he/she/they will be required to work on a variety of in vitro & in vivo pharmacology models to help characterize and evaluate biological compounds. This individual will need to organize, analyze and interpret results, come forward with recommendations, and present the findings to senior personnel or in team meetings.
Experience with rodent models, establishing cell cultures, western blots, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) is required. A background in neurobiology is strongly preferred. The successful candidate may collaborate extensively with other Research Associates and Scientists while taking personal responsibility for the success of assigned tasks and projects.
- Plan, design and execute in vivo & in vitro pharmacological studies focused on peripheral nervous system function. Independently execute experiments, once fully trained.
- Data analysis and presentation to multidisciplinary teams.
- Work with cross-functional team members to accomplish the goals and requirements of the organization, including excellence in execution, and workload prioritization.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor-level education in biological science field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in either academic or industry laboratory setting.
- Experience with performing a variety of rodent in vivo behavioral and/or pharmacological assays.
- Experience with small animal handling, dosing of molecules through a variety of different routes and post-mortem tissue harvest is required.
- Experience with cell culture, aseptic techniques and ELISA is required.
- Experience in neurobiology is preferred.
- Experience with histological techniques, including immunohistochemistry and microscopy techniques, as well as other laboratory techniques is a plus.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of graphing software (e.g., GraphPad prism) and basic understanding of statistical analyses is a plus.
- Good writing and communication skills
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced