- Maintains and applies state-of-the-art chemical engineering knowledge.
- Evaluates and integrates relevant engineering advances for improving or solving problems. Understands the business implications of assigned products and processes and identifies engineering solutions compatible with business needs.
- Designs and executes experiments to test hypothesis related to project outcomes.
- Applies advanced scientific knowledge to projects; determines priorities for experiments. Independently designs and executes experiments. Assures experimental quality through sound, independent, experimental design.
- Applies the results of reviews of literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the business; uses results to determine strategic technical direction
- Directs the work of team members on the project and may coordinate outside resources for projects
- Presents results of projects both internally and externally.
- Participates in project planning, process update; contributes to experimental design.
- Develops productive collaborations and communication with other groups, across scientific disciplines, and with scientists outside of AbbVie. Uses an external information network to gain competitive intelligence
- Responsible for timely project completion. Designs experiments and documentation independently. May supervise interns and/or EPDP engineersMay act as lead engineer, project leader, or project contributor. Provides technical direction and feedback to others.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related field with 8-10 years of experience
- MS in Chemical Engineering or related field with 6-8 years of experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or related field with 2-5 years of experience
- Candidates must be very familiar with the lab environment and in production support.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced