The Marketing Manager II, Access and Reimbursement Marketing role will report directly to the Director of Access and Reimbursement Marketing. This individual will work collaboratively with the reimbursement business advisors (RBA), the hub director, Director RBA Training, and other key stakeholders within marketing, sales, and market access to ensure a positive customer experience with Botox reimbursement programs and resources.
The Marketing Manager II, Access and Reimbursement Marketing works with multiple stakeholders to identify, manage, and execute marketing plans that support patient access across Botox therapeutic indications. They will contribute to in the internal brand planning sessions and represent the access and reimbursement team in business planning initiatives within the Botox Therapeutic Franchise.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the identification and development of access and reimbursement materials to support field-based Reimbursement Business Advisors, by gaining customer insights through participation in advisory boards, interpretation of market research data and attending major industry/customer conventions. The Marketing Manager Botox A & R marketing will lead the Botox Neuro/Uro Office Practice Manager peer to peer education initiatives, through the development and execution of Customer Educational programs. They will be Responsible for managing the OPM bureau, to include development and execution of training meetings and ensuring compliant program execution and adherence. In addition, to managing the day-to-day projects that support marketing initiatives they will also support long term strategy development.
The role requires extensive collaboration with vendor partners in addition to adherence of a promotional budget to ensure all actives are in line with forecasted projections.
To be successful, they are expected to be a subject matter expert on reimbursement processes (i.e., benefit verification, prior authorization, claim assistance, and appeals), the medical vs pharmacy benefit, in various places of service. Working closely with market access, the Marketing Manager reimbursement marketing is responsible for understanding and communicating payer policy and coverage changes and implications for providers and patients relating to approved Botox Therapeutic indications.
The individual will also have well developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability prepare and clearly articulate presentations to various management levels and external parties
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
% of Time or
Headquarter based responsibilities
- Identify insights into non-clinical customer unmet needs (that are barriers to patient access) and develop innovative solutions to address those needs.
- Ensure appropriate development and use of programs, tools and resources to help customers understand and overcome barriers that may impede or delay access to treatment with Allergan’s products specifically related to reimbursement support.
- Work with the Director MT RPS Marketing to contribute to the development of provider reimbursement strategies and resources on relevant payer updates and trends.
Communication and Leadership
- Manage all forms of communication in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer needs are met and all relevant internal stakeholders are appropriately updated.
- Build enduring internal, cross-functional relationships with a broad base of groups and individuals (i.e., sales, marketing, training, managed markets, legal, regulatory, compliance, etc.).
- Adhere to all company guidelines, including the highest level of compliance.
- Deliver consistent, positive leadership (without authority) to peers, management, and the various business units.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the department and the understanding of the business by supporting continuous learning and improvement.
- Assume leadership of assigned and self-initiated projects.
Training and Professional Development
- Actively participate in training and development programs, including classroom sessions and field training.
- Pursue continuing professional education related to marketing, reimbursement and project management
- Establish and execute an individual developmental plan (IDP) to ensure ongoing growth and contribution to Allergan.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA desirable
- Health care credentialing and/or certification desirable
- At least five (5) years or more of experience with buy and bill products in related roles (Reimbursement Business Advisor, Field Access Specialist, Reimbursement Marketing and/or Payer Account Management)
- Experience in pharmaceutical marketing is preferred
- Familiarity with reviewing materials and presenting concepts with medical, legal, and regulatory review committees.
- Inner working knowledge of field reimbursement teams
- Proven experience with project management ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Reimbursement-related experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Medical device reimbursement
- Physician-administered injectables
- CPT III and/or Miscellaneous J-code reimbursement
- Product launch
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Adaptability - high degree of flexibility to a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to achieve objectives and corporate goals with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening
- Ability to foster strong partnerships with multiple stakeholders: market access, marketing operations, sales, training, legal, regulatory, and other functions to ensure aligned objectives
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
This position is remote based, but will require once a month travel to our Irvine, CA office.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced