Manager, Paid Search
If you live and breathe all things Digital, then we want to talk to you! The AbbVie Digital Lab is on a mission to transform data-driven digital marketing in the pharmaceutical industry. This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that has a passion for digital marketing. If you want to be a part of an industry-defining team, then we want to hear from you. The Lab is excited to welcome experienced digital talent from all industries.
The Manager, Paid Search sets the strategy and thought leadership for the Digital Lab. This individual is a hands-on expert that will be responsible for media optimization recommendations within Paid Search platforms. Additionally, this role will help lead the development of appropriate digital plans designed to meet brand needs and marketing objectives as part of a broader omnichannel strategy. This individual should be highly collaborative, as they will be working with various internal brand leads, agencies, marketing analytics, creative, and marketing technology partners as well as building buy-in from key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a strong track-record demonstrating how s/he has successfully taken ideas from inception to completion. The Paid Search Channel Specialist will help AbbVie increase overall revenue and ROI of paid advertising.
This role will be hired at a Manager or Specialist level based on candidate experience.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the development of digital media strategies in partnership with the media agency (e.g. campaign structure/setup, ad groups, keywords, bid strategies etc.) across paid search platforms
- Collaborate with omni-channel media strategist to ensure campaigns are meeting goals, benchmarks, and targeted media efficiency savings
- Build and maintain strong external relationships with appropriate agency partners and vendors and internal cross-functional relationships in collaboration with various team members
- Act as channel expert, shares that expertise to establish best practices for the brands
- Execute in the areas of planning, interact with partners, oversee campaign setup, QA optimization parameters, pacing, additional optimization tactics, bid strategies, targeting, reporting, etc.
- Iterate on campaigns based on experimentation and testing including adjustment of keywords, bids and bid strategy in partnership with media agency for execution; drives successful financial performance through ongoing optimization
- Prepare weekly reporting regarding trends and updated forecasting (KPIs, budget); highlight any downward trends in performance to the team which will help identify any issues and insights on recommended enhancements to media tactics
- Work with leadership to research new and existing partners or technology with the goal of enhancing media strategy and cost-savings
- Drive regular planning meetings with media platform account executives to develop pipeline of media optimizations that meet brand specific goals (directly with Google, Facebook, etc) based on channel focus
- Remain abreast on industry updates, trends and findings and incorporates those learnings into AbbVie’s media plans
- 8+ years experience managing digital campaigns
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, quantitative or analytical field; MBA a plus
- Expertise in platform offerings and technology, especially in the areas of channel specialty
- Deeply versed in the planning, buying, and optimizing in platform
- General knowledge of full-funnel digital advertising strategy including SEM, paid social, display and online video and how they can work together to drive the most efficient omni-channel experience
- Ability to strategically organize large projects into actionable deliverables; effectively prioritize high volume of work across all the business functions to focus on delivery and driving measurable impact
- Utilizes industry knowledge and experience to make independent decisions affecting the daily operations and management of campaigns
- Strong quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills with an ability to make the complex simple
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to create pivot tables and perform v-lookups
- Ability to create, grow and expand relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced