Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm, and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Lead DevSecOps Engineer to add to our high-performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a Lead DevSecOps Engineer as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform.
We're looking for a Lead DevSecOps Engineer interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.
As the Lead DevSecOps Engineer, you will report to the DevOps Manager and continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most critical technical problems.
- Own the security posture of the cloud infrastructure at Allergan Data Labs
- Solve systematic problems for production security in a product, marketing and data science environment
- Architect secure standards for technology including but not limited to Networking, Serverless, Kubernetes, Access Management (IAM/Service Accounts), Secure CI/CD, Cloud Security and Application Security
- Create alignment between security engineering and various engineering disciplines on the Golden Path for security
- Partner with internal organizational security teams to provide and solicit security guidance, drive adoption of security initiatives and transform them into actionable strategy
- Create and promote frameworks, patterns, and methodologies that reduce the risk across the company.
- Participate in providing security design guidance for complex systems across the company
- Be a part of an Infrastructure team and DevOps practitioners that service the wider engineering organization’s needs.
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- At least 8+ years in combined in both a Devops and Security Engineering discipline
- Strong foundation in infrastructure and application security
- Has owned the compliance process for industry standard frameworks like PCI, HIPAA, SOX, NIST CSF etc
- Familiar with building infrastructure to support Microservices and Event Driven Architecture using Serverless, Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Proficient with CI/CD pipelines, shell scripting and instrumentation/monitoring solutions (ie, Datadog)
- Proponent of infrastructure-as-code, least privilege access, observability and other DevOps best practices
- Experience working with Software Engineers developing on serverless and containerized platforms
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct, and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials, and meetups, you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- *401k with dollar for dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- *17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- *Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- *12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- *Caregiver Leave
- *Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork office.
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year.
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro, Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits each year to use towards aesthetic treatments and products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced