The Head of Marketing - Skincare will lead marketing for Allergan’s skincare business, SkinMedica, DiamondGlow and Latisse including P+L management and close partnership with the heads of sales, R+D, manufacturing and ops to drive growth. The main channel is the Healthcare Professional dispensed channel, but also a high focus on Ecommerce and further exploration in retail. This person will lead key marketing strategy and execution including branding, positioning, pricing, packaging, social media, forecasting. The skincare business is poised to have multiple product launches in the near term, so launch experience and project management is important. Also critical is strong cross functional leadership and collaboration. As a member of the Customer Marketing Leadership Team will help identify opportunities and solve for issues impacting both skincare and injectables. Specifically utilizing the skincare portfolio to boost injectable trial and usage
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the development and execution of the professional, consumer, eCommerce and digital brand marketing strategies to promote SkinMedica DiamndGlow & Latisse awareness to all audiences (physicians and consumers). Develop and articulate a clear brand voice and ensure it is integrated throughout all internal and external communications. Create comprehensive marketing communications strategy for all target segments and audiences with an emphasis on HCP marketing strategy.
- Create, implement and analyze marketing strategies including content, advertising (digital and traditional media), public relations and promotions that drive eCommerce strategy.
- Lead interface to coordinate execution across Sales, Operations, Manufacturing, Allergan Data Lab partners, R&D team and key opinion leaders. Leads SKNM projects, timely market execution, as well as being the lead on other critical issues that affect goal achievement. Lead internal and external communication strategies and tactical execution
- Leads and develops skincare team to achieve and exceed on the businesses goals and objectives along with their personal development
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in business or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible marketing experience with a significant portion in brand management for a market-driven organization. Experience with “lifestyle” products or multi-channel consumer packaged goods is a plus.
- Experience partnering with sales teams to implement strategy
- Proven track record of creating brands with outstanding awareness is required.
- Must be adept with digital marketing and eCommerce strategies.
- Experience with brand testing to ensure relevance and strength with key customer segments to ensure desired outcomes
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships both internally and externally
- Experience in working with Operations team to find solutions to product launches and challenges required
- Experience in leading the strategic and tactical planning function in a team environment, including strategy formulation, competitive and customer analysis, tactical program development, budget formulation and management, and proven plan execution skills.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Excellent analytical skills (e.g., market and competitive dynamics and business performance)
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Existing (or ability to develop quickly) connections to the industry to ensure positioning on the forefront of key trends in all or most of the key areas of digital media, including but not limited to: digital brand strategy, ecommerce, search, online advertising, mobile and social.
- Superb communication skills required to gain internal support for strategic and tactical initiatives, and the ability to gain group consensus in a team environment that values industry knowledge, analytics and data-based decisions.
- Ability to travel up to 25%. Overnight travel may be required domestically with the potential for some international travel.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced