Allergan an AbbVie Company is seeking a high caliber finance professional to be trusted business advisor and thought partner to the therapeutic area leadership by leveraging internal/external data to make sound strategic decisions supporting the growth of $2B+ Eyecare Franchise. Successful candidates will be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment and have a proven ability to deliver high quality analysis and insights that influence business decisions.
The primary objective of this role is to lead end-to-end Demand and Revenue forecasting process for Eye Care Franchise. This is a high visibility role that requires partnering across many different cross functional teams such as Sales and Marketing, MABI (Marketing Analytics and Business Insights), Commercial Finance and Supply Chain organizations. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on finance data analytics professional who has a proven track record of building effective relationships, delivering results, and who is passionate about enhancing financial processes, and deliverables.
- Drive the LBE (latest best estimate), Plan, LRP, and S&OP forecast for Eye Care franchise. This entails aligning with commercial business partners and finance leaders, developing and maintaining forecast models with high degree of accuracy, and preparing presentation materials and supporting analytics that create clarity and generate actionable plans.
- Complete key financial close schedules and deliverables for a variety of stakeholders in interpreting the Eye Care financial results for monthly, quarterly, and annual fiscal periods. Triangulate different data sets and pro-actively communicate trends, risks, and opportunities, highlighting them to leadership in a clear and concise manner. Ensure data integrity and timely issuance for all sales reporting, month -end close, key metric packages.
- Maintain organizational knowledge on all insights and performance data generated for Eye Care franchise, including market and competitive trends, health care environmental influences and investment performance against various channels. Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Apply an understanding of advanced technology to accomplish business goals and provide in depth analysis directly impacting business outcomes, while driving continuous improvements in data management through automation.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and participate in project teams as required/needed.
- The preferred candidate will possess a minimum of 6+ years of experience, having held commercial FP&A or strategy positions of increasing scope and responsibility. Forecasting and prior pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or Marketing. Master's/MBA is preferred.
- The candidate must have strong analytical, technical financial modeling, and problem-solving skills, along with strong communication skills to effectively work with various levels of management. The ability to understand market research and syndicated data sources is critical in discovering and quantifying financial impacts of marketing initiatives and competitive events. Deadlines are often tight, therefore the ability to prioritize and quickly understand issues/assess data integrity is critical.
- Proven ability to design and manage multiple tasks concurrently in a dynamic environment within given timelines.
- Strategic thinker who encompasses excellent tactical execution skills, solutions-oriented problem-solver
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and develop clear conclusions and recommendations regarding business opportunities and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively across functional areas and with varying levels of management. Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Reports to Associate Director - Forecasting, Medical Therapeutics
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced