We are Allergan Data Labs, a team of 100+ digital and consumer marketing gurus, data scientists, and engineers, on a mission to help realize the potential of the aesthetics market through data and technology. We create world-class digital products to inspire our 150M target consumers globally to use our life-changing brands.
Allergan Data Labs is part of Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie Company, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Our brands are iconic household names such as Botox Cosmetic, Juvéderm and CoolSculpting. Our team is bi-coastal and operates out of Irvine, CA and New York, NY.
We’re looking for a Director of Strategic Planning to play a critical role in developing effective commercial strategies and shepherding those strategies to life. The role is highly cross-functional and requires collaboration across a range of teams, including marketers, analysts, financial professionals, etc. The ideal candidate will be interested in working in a high energy, data-driven, and collaborative environment. You have a passion for business strategy, but also want to play a direct role in transitioning those strategies from ideas on a slide to actual commercial tactics that drive the business.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Design, structure and lead strategic projects – identify opportunities to drive commercial performance, conduct analysis to support these opportunities, develop actionable plans to bring them to life, and tactically guide their execution
- Lead Data Labs’ participation in corporate strategic and financial planning processes including quarterly business reviews and annual long range plan refreshes. Partner across teams within Data Labs to clearly articulate our business strategies for presentation in executive decision making forums
- Support teams across Data Labs with internal consulting support
- Manage special projects on a day-to-day basis, tracking progress and partnering with internal colleagues and agencies to ensure they are meeting their deliverables.
Build and lead a team top-tier business strategists to bring the above to life
- A self-starting approach to work, with the ability to independently prioritize work, identify solutions, and drive next steps
- A strong business acumen – an ability to understand the real ‘question behind the question,’ and the judgement to shape the analytical path forward
- A high degree of pragmatism, comfortable translating strategic imperatives into actionable next steps
- Strong EQ with an ability to quickly connect dots across matrixed organizations and with the ability to lead by influence to drive impact
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify creative solutions to quantitative problems where limited data is available
- High degree of comfort preparing clear, polished presentations for executive audiences
- Strong communication skills and a high degree of comfort going toe-to-toe with executives to influence decision-making based on data and analysis
- 3+ years post-MBA level experience from a top-tier management consulting firm
- Experience managing a team (either direct reports or project teams on consulting engagements)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self educate and improve your skill set
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced