The Director, Skincare Portfolio Program Management, Allergan Aesthetics will drive the cross-functional asset strategy team, to build portfolio strategies and ensure aligned execution of projects to bring innovative skincare products to market.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- The Director will partner with Asset Strategy Leader, asset strategy planner and deliverable team project managers and leaders, to develop team strategy, ensure aligned execution plans and drive the execution of the strategy across products and projects for the asset. Projects include development and launch of new skincare products and global expansion of existing products
- Leading the Asset Program Management Team (PMT) the Director will develop, monitor, and control project cross-functional integrated project plans, timeline, budget, milestones, ensuring both cross-functional alignment and alignment with the asset project management team.
- Drives cross functional project team and deliverable team effectiveness, acting proactively and assertively to ensure team members meet their commitments as planned, and work to the appropriate standards.
- Effectively collaborate with R&D governance boards, communicate project status to management. Actively respond to project risks, mitigate, prevent and/or resolve potential risks or issues, while facilitating resolution, options and recommendations for project issues.
- Provide decision analysis expertise and tools to the project teams for strategic planning and operational execution.
- Provides training and coaching of project teams on processes including product development process, project governance, development plans, critical path, decision trees and project financials.
- Will take a leadership role in managing the overall project financials and forecasting.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
- PMP certification is helpful but not required.
- A passionate project manager with good experience of the consumer/skincare/medical device new product development pathway.
- 8-12 years’ experience in consumer/skincare/medical device R&D environment, including 8+ years direct experience as Project Manager or equivalent.
- Expert in consumer/skincare/medical device product development and the interdependencies of individual development activities.
- Expert in the application of project management software and ability to utilize project and portfolio management systems.
- Proven record of building team relationships across multiple global locations. Stimulate, motivate, and build effective inter-personal work relationships across all disciplines.
- Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills.
- Manage and lead a portfolio of projects, multiple projects, objectives and often competitive and changing deadlines with a proven track record of organizational, interpersonal, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve project issues, including those related to timing, resources, and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills that enable quality communications with various stakeholders, both inside as well as outside the Company.
- Excellence in communication, stakeholder management, facilitating and managing meetings, both inside as well as outside the company, across multiple global locations.
- Expert in facilitating team decision making.
- Ability to encourage intelligent risk taking and a bold culture. Exhibits sound judgment, analytical acumen, and concern for detail under pressure
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced