The Director is responsible for the overarching HEOR strategy and tactics for AbbVie's Retina product portfolio globally. They are responsible for engaging with integral cross-functional team member and senior leaders that are part of pipeline commercial team to understand critical business objectives to develop evidence-based strategies to address these objectives. These strategic plans encompass innovative research across all pillars of HEOR [Centers of Expertise & Geography] while also ensuring alignment & awareness of all HEOR research across countries & product life-cycle.
This is achieved by establishing and maintaining internal cross-functional collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, including (1) R&D (Clinical Development/Regulatory/Medical Affairs/Epidemiology) (2) US, Area & Global Market Access/Global HTA (3) US, Area & Global Commercial (4) Global Commercial Development (5) Government Affairs. In addition, the Senior Director builds and maintains collaborative research relationships with key thought leaders in the field.
The Director possesses demonstrated knowledge, and strategic global leadership in identifying, coordinating & delivering innovative health economics & outcomes evidence generation solutions to (1) optimize treatment decisions (2) support label expansion & enhancement (3) maximize registration,
- Accountable for Global or US HEOR strategies that encompass innovative research across all pillars of HEOR [Centers of Expertise & Geography] to meet product value propositions or business needs.
- Ensures timely execution of robust & innovative evidence aligned to strategy.
- Participates as an integral leader and member of key cross-functional teams that are part of Pipeline Commercial Model and 1-7-5 process to facilitate alignment and integration of Global HEOR strategies / plans into the broader Integrated Evidence Plans
- Responsible for asset specific budget & ensuring projects are delivered on time & within budget.
- Responsible for communicating strategy to key stakeholders across R&D and Commercial
- Utilizes outcomes expertise to inform and interface with external global regulatory [e.g. FDA, EMA etc] and reimbursement decision makers / HTA
- Utilizes outcomes expertise to collaborate with key external thought-leaders [e.g. clinical, payer, patient advocacy etc] to develop research, execute protocols and/or publish finding
- Effectively partner with internal stakeholders (HEOR TA teams, Medical Access, Medical Account Management, Market Access, MUs, Global teams, etc.) at strategic and tactical levels to generate and disseminate robust HEOR findings in support of a broad set of stakeholders including payers. Closely partner with Medical Access team to shape, enable and drive payer-centricity in all HEOR research and activities supporting the assets for which he/she is responsible.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of HEOR function through leadership of functional initiatives and change management. Role model leadership behaviors to promote desired culture.
- MD or PharmD, both with an MS in Economics, Econometrics, or (pharmaco)epidemiology or any other related, with at least 5 years of relevant experience) Preferred: PhD in Economics, Econometrics, or (pharmaco)epidemiology or any other related field with 3 years of relevant experience. Research experience strongly required; within pharmaceutical industry preferred. Experience leading complex products and/or research in support of pipeline development and on-market product.
- Related fields include: Health Services Research, Health Economics / Economics, Psychometrics, Epidemiology Health Policy, Outcomes Research, and Pharmacy Administration
- Must perform at times in previously uncharted territory with few, if any, established guidelines or procedures. At other times, exceedingly complex governmental rules and regulations must be followed. For problems surrounded by complex rules and regulations, must be able to direct compliance knowledgeably and expeditiously.
- Must be able to develop creative and effective solutions to inter- and intra-project priority conflicts, resource constraints and other problems which may impact project or group goals and deliverables across multiple programs.
- High goal-orientation with the ability to see solutions rather than problems as projects encounter the inevitable ups and downs associated with new drug development or on-market product support.
- Extensive knowledge of the global regulatory, HTA & PRMA landscape as well as understanding of other development-related functions as they relate to all phases of drug development.
- Skills to perform the dual roles of leading a cross functional team and managing scientific personnel in clinical research.
- Must be able to interact successfully with Senior Management globally (Executive staff, Area VPs, GMs etc) and act as the HEOR project/group champion and spokesperson. Additionally, must be a self-starter and have a strong desire to see projects achieve commercial success.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced