Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at AbbVie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm, and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced DevOps Manager to add to our high-performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers, and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences, and millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey. Now, we are looking for a DevOps Manager as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform.
We're looking for a DevOps Manager interested in working within a startup-oriented environment while having the backing of a very large company. If that's you, please read on.
As the DevOps Manager, you will report to the Director of Engineering and continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most critical technical problems.
- Manage, lead, and mentor a team of inhouse and vendor based DevOps Engineers to deliver high quality infrastructure that is secure, resilient, and scalable.
- Elevate the quality of infrastructure across the organization by conducting code reviews, participating in systems design sessions, improving documentation, and encouraging automation.
- Conceptualize and execute technical approaches for emerging systems and architecture.
- Build the Data Labs engineering brand through blog posts, culture, conferences, open-source projects, and meet-ups.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering to help grow the devops and infrastructure team while fostering a culture that embodies our core values (see below).
Required Experience & Technical Skills
- 8+ years as a DevOps Engineer or Cloud Architect and 3+ years of experience leading teams, and mentoring directly.
- You are experienced in developing and supporting production-grade infrastructure in AWS across many teams.
- You have expert level experience in Cloud Architecture principles including but not limited to standards for access controls, security, networking, data governance, compliance and more.
- Proficient building cloud-native architectures in AWS. You understand when to use Serverless/Lambda, but you also know where servers and Kubernetes can have their place.
- You have built and managed complex CI/CD pipelines.
- You are an expert of infrastructure as code using Terraform, CloudFormation or a similar tool.
- You've worked in cross-functional Agile Scrum teams and rely on proven management methodologies.Excellent communication, presentation, and white-boarding skills.
- You have experience managing infrastructure in compliant environments that deal with HIPAA, PCI, SOX, CSR, NIST or similar
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience.
- Be Humble: You're smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct, and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials, and meetups, you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- 401k with dollar-for-dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus, additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Caregiver Leave
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork office.
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year.
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro, Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits per year to use towards aesthetic treatments & products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced