Allergan Research is seeking a highly motivated and innovative candidate for the role of Biological Research Associate III. The successful candidate for this position will contribute to projects aimed at pharmacological characterization of protein-based therapeutics. Under supervision by senior personnel, he/she will be required to work on a variety of in vivo animal pharmacology models to help characterize and evaluate biological compounds. This individual will need to organize, analyze and interpret results, come forward with recommendations and present the findings to senior personnel or in team meetings. Experience in handling and injecting rodents is required. Experience with histological, as well as other laboratory techniques is a plus. The successful candidate may collaborate extensively with other Research Associates and Scientists, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
- Plan, design and execute in vivo pharmacological studies focused on motor and autonomic nervous system function. Formulation and dilution of large protein molecules.
- Data analysis and presentation to multidisciplinary teams.
- Work with cross-functional team members to accomplish the goals and requirements of the organization, including excellence in execution, and workload prioritization.
- Bachelor-level education in biological science field plus 3-5 years’ experience in either academic or industry laboratory setting.
- Experience with performing a variety of rodent in vivo behavioral and/or pharmacological assays.
- Experience with small animal handling, dosing of molecules through a variety of different routes and post-mortem tissue harvest is required.
- Experience with histological techniques, including immunohistochemistry and microscopy techniques, as well as other laboratory techniques is a plus.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of graphing software (e.g., GraphPad prism) and basic understanding of statistical analyses is a plus.
- Exhibits flexibility and a commitment to scientific excellence.
- Highly motivated, hands-on experimentalist who thrives in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
- Able to have a direct impact on project performance.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with an ability for creative thinking.
- Perform experiments with supervision and interact in a team environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and diligence in record keeping.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced