JOB SUMMARY: Reports to the Creative Director of the Art Department. Directs a group of art directors assigned specific brands, as they, with their counterparts in copy, prepare promotional communications for the brands to which they are assigned consistent with the Agency’s mission, vision and values. Responsible for the art output of the group, for the professional growth of the art directors, for reviewing their performance, and for the timely delivery of the finished product.
- Reports to the CD/Art. Is responsible for the art/graphic output of the group of brands he/she heads. Assigns brands to direct reports (art directors) and reviews and assesses their performance. Reviews their work during its creation and before it is dispatched to the client, from concept through production. Manages art group’s workload to maximize efficiency, thus assuring completion of work on time and on budget.
- Continually strives to inspire and elevate the level of creative ability of all art personnel within his/her group consistent with the desire for growth and excellence implicit in the Agency’s vision, mission and values. Sustains an ongoing effort to keep up-to-date on current developments in communications as they apply to the art/creative department. Helps guide the professional and creative development and growth of art directors through evaluation of creative standards by example and counsel. Works collaboratively and constructively with ACD/Art counterparts to the benefit of the brands for which they are responsible.
- Is responsible for being current and conversant with their brands and the competition, and requires the same of their direct reports. Is expected to effectively present creative work both internally and externally.
- Participates in, and contributes to, shaping brand positioning and strategy with all other members of the brand teams within his/her group.
- Is a key member of the agency new business team as required.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college education, with a focus on art and design, preferably in the communication arts
- Combined 4 to 6 years creative/supervisory art experience, preferably in healthcare communications
- Creative experience within the classic full-service healthcare agency environment
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Combination of supervisory management skills and creative awareness and sensibility
- Interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage highly charged group dynamics, and processes
- Persuasiveness, and advanced presentation skills
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced