The Business Systems Consultant will assist the Brand Technology Solutions organization, supporting our US Commercial organization, to plan and implement the technology to address the ever-changing customer needs and ways in which our customers engage with AbbVie.
The Business Systems Consultant is responsible for supporting the execution of the brand strategy through various data, integration, and technology projects. The team member will forge relationships within the US Commercial Brand Teams to support achievement of critical milestones by tracking key projects and initiatives and coordinate team responses to critical issues. The team member is responsible for planning and overseeing multiple projects at once from ideation to completion, including helping secure cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline, ensuring teams are following corporate and divisional policies and procedures related to systems development, systems support and compliance. They are expected to work effectively across various IT Shared Services teams, external third-party service providers, and other Commercial business stakeholders.
To be successful, the candidate is expected to have techno-functional experience around Marketing Technology capabilities and how different Marketing Technology solutions interact with each other to enable business outcomes. This role will be required to collaborate across a highly matrixed organization, to impact and influence development of both existing and upcoming technology solutions leveraged within the Brand Marketing function.
- Establishes and maintains high-quality relationships with all cross-functional areas within US Commercial. Effectively work with business functions like Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Marketing Analytics to drive for results.
- Works directly with business stakeholders to understand specific brand strategies, evaluate brand current state; collaborate on ideation, analysis, and strategy of digital tactics.
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business units, and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie, and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; Identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Proactively seeks out business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities with business leads, providing them with comprehensive analyses and insights to help them discover strategic use of technology products and services.
- Interfaces with IT capability teams and influences by providing suggestions for future capability direction and enhancements that would benefit the supporting businesses with their strategies and roadmap.
- Allies with other stakeholders to remain current on project status, and informs business of progress, conversely, keeps IT Managers aware of issues, risks and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant internal or external regulations on the organizations use of information.
- Uses technical consulting skills, expertise and collaboration to translate business requirements to functional requirements for technology delivery team.
- Evaluates business requirements and translates them into capability requirements, and provides accurate proposals to business – scope, cost, and schedule.
- Develop comprehensive project estimates and timelines by soliciting input and collecting feedback from all impacted stakeholders.
- Manage a portfolio of projects for the Brand; providing visibility to business and technology leadership on the status, benefits, costs, and risks of new requests and in-process projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, Business, Marketing or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Total experience of 6+ years of experience, including business systems analysis, project/portfolio management, digital marketing; Master’s Degree plus 5+ years of experience, or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalence
Skills / Experience
- Experience with managing technology and/or digital marketing projects
- Knowledge of terminology, processes, practices and procedures in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Proficient in project management practices, portfolio review, finance and budgeting.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills. Understanding and/or experience with Data and Integration.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Connects teams and experts, ensure a common understanding, to align to a common goal.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the business and leverages that understanding to elevate the level of their work.
- Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results.
- Independently manage the day-to-day activities of small to medium complexity projects independently. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Manages digital/technology projects both internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional teams and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. This includes managing project timelines, tracking deliverables & milestones, providing status communications and setting expectations of a cross-functional team involved in project delivery.
- Seeks to leverage proven frameworks, methodologies, and best practices in projects and advocates for the implementation of those methods in a reusable fashion.
- Execute processes in compliance rich environments and document actions. Determine when exceptions to the process should be allowed and seeks out clarification.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced