Ready to make a Worldwide impact? We OFFER that too.
Want to have a thriving career? We OFFER that.
Ready to drive innovation? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Scientist to join the Bioassay team in Westport. In this role, you will lead and support (as required) the transfer and validation of new assays introduced to the Westport Bioassay laboratory and continuous improvement of the existing commercial methods.
You will lead and/or support generation of documentation (protocols and reports), ensuring that our methods conform to Regulatory requirements. As the Bioassay Scientist, you will have extensive knowledge and experience of Bioassays, Cell Culture, ELISAs driving all laboratory related Root Cause Investigations (RCAs), and opportunities for improvement. The Scientist will be liase and maintain clear communication with cross-functional SMEs within the network.
Does this sound interesting to you? if so, read on.....
In this role, you will:
• Provide motivation to the team and take appropriate action when method/individual performance requires intervention
• Participate and as required, lead SME meetings based on method transfer/validation/RCA requirement
• Maintain and develop SME contacts within the organization to ensure methods are performing optimally
• Provide updates to key stakeholders on project and method timelines to support project completion on time, or highlighting challenges to the timeline
• Provide team KPI data
• Attend departmental and Tier meetings, Safety Gemba
• Identify and develop key talent as part of succession planning
• Attend any other meeting as directed by area manager
• Provide review and approval of local and corporate documents
• Support the Commercial department in any RCA or continuous improvement projects/initiatives
• Host and represent the commercial Bioassay department in any SME or project related meetings
• Develop and execute all project related documentation (protocol & reports), ensuring any activity executed is in line with GMP and Reg requirements
So, what education & experience do you need? you will have:
• MSc and/or PhD in Relevant Biologics field with 3-5 years GMP experience
• Mammalian Cell Culture experience
• Project Management and report writing
• Method development, transfer, validation, and cross validation per GMP Regulations
• RCA, continuous improvement
Are you ready now to be part of this innovative diverse team? Apply today
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.