Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting QC Chemists to join our diverse team in Clonshaugh, Dublin. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting raw material, in process, finished product, and where applicable stability testing according to relevant SOPs and in adherence to the site production schedule and for accurately completing all documentation that supports testing procedures. Reporting to the QC Supervisor, you may be required to participate in method transfer and validation activities, identifying and troubleshooting issues related to laboratory testing and equipment that requires an in-depth knowledge of scientific methods and techniques.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as QC Chemist would be:
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests and analyze raw materials, intermediates, and final product to ensure compliance with standards.
- Complete all testing, including special project / protocol testing in a timely manner that supports established production targets and SLAs.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations, as well as with company SOPs and specifications.
- Observe established escalation process for laboratory issues that impact established production-related Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or the fulfillment of production goals.
- Participate in deviation investigations.
- Author documents that ensure cGMP compliance, such as laboratory investigation, deviations, change controls, change notices, analytical test methods; analytical test method development reports; method validation protocols; method transfer protocols and reports; method verifications protocols and reports; and instrumentation qualification documentation (URS/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Seek process innovation and continuous process improvement and perform quality improvement initiatives in the laboratory to meet site production goals.
- Support and adhere to established processes and productivity targets.
- Recognize and report to immediate supervisor any issues or deviations from accepted standards.
- Provide status updates on own activities and productivity challenges according to defined procedures.
- Complete and conform to all training requirements for job role, including company-required and job role-specific training.
So, what do you need to do this role? You will have
- A third level qualification in Chemistry or related Science, preferably a bachelor’s degree with 6 months + GMP experience with relevant Quality Control experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cGMP requirements and practices including extensive knowledge of the USP and FDA Guidance Documents relating to the pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratory.
- Demonstrate competency in the operation, calibration and qualification of common analytical instrumentation e.g. HPLC, Dissolution, GC, FTIR, Electro Chemistry (DME), UV/Vis and other USP instrumental and Wet chemistry technologies used in pharmaceutical Quality Control Laboratory.
- Demonstrate strong analytical laboratory skills and laboratory troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrated success in making effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to upper management.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced