Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to Allergan initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas.
Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Allergan. Works closely with other Allergan personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met.
Location: U.S. – Texas/New Orleans/Mississippi
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities.
- The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on Allergan products.
- Upon request, present data on Allergan products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals.
- Support research initiatives as requested by Allergan R&D, Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs Departments.
- Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned Allergan therapeutic areas for development of disease-state and product communications and materials that are medically accurate, balanced, and consistent with regulatory guidelines.
- Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of scientific and clinical data.
- Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed.
- May provide support for payer-facing activities to public and commercial managed markets.
- PharmD, MD, PhD, PA, or NP
- Minimum 3 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific)
- Preferred minimum 3 years total of specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc.)
- Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
- Conveys information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
- Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain information
- Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information
- Ability to travel 50-60%
- Strong team and leadership skills
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced