AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas – immunology, oncology, neuroscience, and eye care – and products and services in our Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Financial Auditor
AbbVie’s Internal Audit (IA) function plays a valuable role in protecting and enhancing the organization’s value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insights. The function is guided by a disciplined, collaborative approach that is aligned with AbbVie’s strategy and the IIA standards with a focus on constant innovation and talent development.
The Senior Financial Auditor is responsible for conducting Financial audits of critical processes throughout AbbVie's international and domestic organizations and formulating recommendations for improvement in operating performance and controls. Auditors will spend approximately 24 months on the Corporate Audit staff in a career development rotational program before moving on to other challenging opportunities within the company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and execute Financial audits throughout AbbVie's international and domestic organizations.
- Coordinate execution of financial audit plans to optimize audit speed and effectiveness.
- Coordinate efforts with internal / external audit as appropriate.
- Prepare and present financial audit findings to business stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate risk & control themes.
- Participate in the financial risk assessment and development of the audit plan for assigned entities and critical systems.
- 3-6 years’ experience of Public accounting - Big 4 or next tier (i.e Grant Thornton, RMS, BDO)
- Previous experience as a Senior Auditor (at least one, preferably two busy seasons)
- Bachelors Degree in finance and/or accounting
- 20-40% travel to AbbVie's International and Domestic locations required
- CPA highly preferred or progress toward attaining CPA
- Other certifications/degrees a plus: CIA, CPA, CFE, MBA
- Language skills a plus
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.