Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting for Senior Process Scientist / Senior Pharmaceutical Technology Scientist to join our Clonshaugh site in Dublin. This person will be the site lead for the successful development, planning, execution, and support of project plans related to technology transfer and marketed product enhancement activities at AbbVie Clonshaugh.
The Senior Pharmaceutical Technology Scientist liaises with both the site-based teams (QA / QC / Operations / Engineering) the Global QA and Science and Technology functions for the planning and execution of these activities, as well performing trouble shooting of existing and new processes and carrying out technical process investigations. This position reports to the Director of Pharmaceutical Technology.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the successful development, planning, execution, and support of project plans related to technology transfer and marketed product enhancement activities at AbbVie Clonshaugh, ensuring site readiness at each project milestone
- Lead on-site new product development projects and ensure the successful execution of the Technical Operation site project programs.
- Lead the preparation and execution of feasibility, NDA, demonstration (pre-validation) and Validation campaigns.
- Lead the ongoing technical analysis and support of newly transferred and existing products, including process optimization, lifecycle management, batch scaling and timely troubleshooting, performing root cause analyses and recommendation of preventative and corrective actions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on the site’s products, representing the site to internal and external stakeholders (for example FDA).
- The Senior Pharmaceutical Technology Scientist is responsible for the safe, compliant, and efficient execution of job duties in a team environment.
- A third level qualification in Chemistry or related Science, preferably a bachelor’s degree
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Experience working with pharmaceutical processing technologies and good understanding of 21CFR / cGMP documentation and electronic systems requirements.
- Demonstrated experience applying sound and critical reasoning to troubleshoot complex process challenges.
- Demonstrated success in making effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to upper management.
- Experienced in aligning individuals and teams to business objectives.
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing concepts a plus.
- Experience in managing by metrics.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.