Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that to
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting a Senior Network Engineer to join our diverse team in Clonshaugh, Dublin. Work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to advancement of technology in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines. Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Senior Network Engineer would be:
- Operations and Maintenance of AbbVie’s global security and network environment,
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is implemented for network equipment.
- Focus on end user experience, taking the extra step so that users can get the most from their services
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, or technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
- Support security aspects of business & IT initiatives by assisting in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and operational transition of innovative & secure technology solutions.
- Provide technical summaries of proposed, planned and completed technical work
- Work in technical teams in a multi-vendor environment through Major Incident Response situation where required
- Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
- Analyzes and resolves technical problems using analytical problem-solving methods/techniques and associated tools/devices.
- Contribute to advancement of own function by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
- Provides technical leadership and mentors and consults with less experienced staff in planning, methods, procedures, standards and best practices.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with AbbVie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle
- Bachelor and 7/10 years of relevant work experience in the field of IT or Master and 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of IT
- Willingness to travel for business within EMEA and to USA (0-10% of working hours).
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Knowledge of networking such as LAN (routing, switching, WLAN), WAN (MPLS - routing, switching), VPN infrastructure, and network security (firewall and IPS/IDS)
- Knowledge of cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience working in a cross-functional, global environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated work ethic
- Experience with Check Point, Palo Alto and Cisco components.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and in global, cross-functional, teams
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.