Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting a Reliability Engineer to join our diverse Team in Clonshaugh, Dublin. Reliability Engineer will champion continuous improvement to reduce the levels of risk to the business for both equipment and utility related issues on site and ensure engineering compliance with requirements.
Support the maintenance excellence program by targeting critical equipment assets for optimization and continuous improvement.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as Reliability Engineer would be:
- Lead and implement site reliability based asset care program.
- Support the plant engineering team with the next level of Maintenance Excellence Program (MEP) to fully
- integrate MEP into the culture.
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations. Including utility, capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Track, analyse and improve MEP key performance indicators (KPI’s) parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, site maintenance compliance, schedule etc.
- Apply Six Sigma (6σ) methodology through the use of tools such root cause failure analysis (RCFA) Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM) Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault tree analysis (FTA), PM optimisation.
- Support and assist with the procurement, installation, commissioning and validation of new equipment/projects, acting as maintenance SME.
- Implement AbbVie global and site security standards.
- Manage and coordinate contracted site security program, including man guarding and electronic security services in line with site security procedures.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement programs to drive value from the security program.
- Will be in Contact with suppliers, external personnel at many levels, customers, external officials and will be in a close contact with personnel within the plant at all levels.
- Proactively collaborates with Engineering Maintenance, Facilities and Capital Projects teams and cross functional teams (Quality (QA/QC), Production, Technical Operations, Warehouse etc.) ensuring effective communication of maintenance objectives.
So, what do you need to do this role?
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a relevant discipline coupled with 5 years relevant work experience Or Trade qualification plus six years plus engineering experience Strong IT Skills are required for this position.
- Previous experience in Facilities/Utilities, maintenance or project experience including black and clean utilities, Steam, HVAC, Purified water and Clean air and waste water treatment within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in addition to strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in continuous improvement projects.
- Understanding, knowledge and experience of Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM) asset care.
- Demonstrate developed trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities including detailed understanding of RCA techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of 5S, TPM, SMED, and other lean/six sigma/continuous improvement tools.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret CAD drawings.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to think logically and be proactive.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced