Want to make a global impact? We offer that
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting a Regional Tax Manager to join our diverse team in AbbVie Ireland. The Regional Tax Manager (‘TM’) is responsible for managing all designated direct and indirect tax filings and compliance matters for his/her respective countries, together with ensuring appropriate accounting of taxes (Local and US GAAP, as appropriate). Customs and payroll taxes are primarily managed by specific teams. This position is responsible for the accuracy and timing of each tax filing and payment, in compliance with his/her countries regulations.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as Regional Tax Manager would be:
- Reporting to the Regional Tax Director, the TM is the primary contact for all tax matters for his/her countries operations
- Lead the outsourced compliance process for taxes including review tax filings coordinate with shared service accounting (FFS), business process outsourcer (BPO) & local finance teams
- Lead initiatives/enhancements, including effectively tracking and assessing key enterprise tax risks, including the risk of non-compliance, for AbbVie’ global supply chain
- Collaborate with third party providers on the preparation of tax provision calculations for US GAAP and Local GAAP reporting purposes
- Cooperate with US Corporate Tax Group and Regional Leadership in offering local country perspective on taxes regarding the execution of business transactions, initiatives, contracts, M&A and tax controversy
- Maintaining appropriate supporting documents for tax returns in accordance with local rules and ensuring that a full audit trail is available in the event of an audit
- Effectively manage engagements with tax authorities, including on expanding governance expectations
- Proactively tracking developments with tax legislation, regulations, court cases, published circulars and policy which may impact local entity filings / audits
- Analyse tax developments country by country, sharing interpretations and potential scenarios for group companies with regional leadership
So, what do you need to do this role?
- You will have a omprehensive knowledge of challenges associated with large multinationals, manufacturing and/or biopharmaceutical entities (e.g. transfer pricing) with minimum 12 years’ experience with tax in either a large accounting firm and/or large multinational company, with a minimum of 5 years being at managerial level
- You will have an undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting or similar discipline, together with membership of Chartered Accountants Ireland and the Irish Tax Institute
- Experience with SAP will be an advantage, together with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English is essential. Any other language is an asset
- Strong analytical skills, with a hands-on attitude to problem solving and the ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Capable of taking ownership of tax projects, leveraging key stakeholders as needed (e.g. outside consultants, attorneys and auditors)
- Ability to work in a virtual multi-cultural team and to build strong working relationships with a diverse range of co-workers and other individuals
- Willingness to travel, if required, to support relevant entities under his/her responsibility, together with flexibility to participate in calls with colleagues in other time zones
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced