Great work-life balance? We offer that
Career development and progression? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we've known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients' lives worldwide. In short, we know it takes "you" to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, creating a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Manufacturing Tools and Platform Specialist to join our technology team in Ireland - in this role, you could be based in Cork, Dublin, Sligo or Mayo. This is an exciting new technology role, supporting AbbVie's global businesses.
So if you are interested in career progression and working with an industry leader in biopharmaceuticals, read on to find out more and get your application started today. In this role, you will:
• Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, or technology solutions by studying manufacturing needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
• Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new technologies, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
• Establish & maintain manufacturing software approval process. Maintain inventory of manufacturing and lead MCN systems/applications lifecycle maintenance (Vendor engagement, major & minor upgrades, manages platform refresh horizon)
• Develop capability to manage manufacturing software install base at enterprise scale. Drive for efficiency in deployment methods through standardization and centralized software management across the network.
• Lead development of qualified deployment tools and processes. Build global qualification strategy, execute and make available to site compliance teams.
• Contribute to advancement of manufacturing security by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
• Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
• Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and scheduled completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
• Provides technical leadership and mentors and consults with less experienced staff in in planning, methods, procedures, standards and best practices.
• Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
• Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
So what education and experience do you need?
• You will have a Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
• Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline
• Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then join AbbVie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced