Want to earn while you learn? We OFFER that.
Want to have a thriving career? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
In partnership with Ibec and Technological University Dublin, we are now recruiting a Laboratory Apprentice to join our diverse Quality team in Clonshaugh, Dublin. This is a 3 year Laboratory Apprenticeship program, combining on the job learning and off the job learning in our education provider TU Dublin. Upon completion of this programme you will achieve a Level 7 Ordinary Bachelors of Science Degree.
During the term, you will work 3 days per week in our high-tech Laboratory, learning on-the-job, while spending 2 contact days per week with our education partner, Technological University Dublin – Tallaght campus.
So, what do you need to do this role?
- Your on-the-job experience, training and tasks will as much as possible mirror your academic curriculum.
- As required conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests and analyze raw materials, intermediates and final product to ensure compliance with standards.
- Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations, as well as with company SOPs and specifications.
- Observe established escalation process for laboratory issues that impact established production-related service level agreements and/or the fulfilment of production goals.
- Participate in deviation investigations as necessary.
- Complete and conform to all training requirements for job role, including company-required and equipment/method-specific training.
- Pass (Grade O6 or better) in five leaving certificate subjects one of which must be maths and one science related subject
- 250 CAO points
- Level 6 certificate in a related discipline
- Current employee with relevant experience and qualifications
- Mature student
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join Abbvie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Apprenticeship