Opportunity to innovate? we offer that
Be a global technical SME? we offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a Global Senior Process Engineer/Snr Principal Engineer (Aseptic) to be part of our Global team. As the Aseptic Process Engineer, you will be an established engineering professional who is a self-starter, capable of applying advanced scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and creativity to complete complex assignments related to one or more technical fields or disciplines around the world. You are someone who contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and who wants to be challenged and lead change from an engineering perspective.
Does this sound like a challenging, rewarding opportunity for you? Then, read on!
In this role you will,
- Perform as a knowledgeable subject matter expert (SME) on Aseptic Processing across the AbbVie manufacturing network, serving as spokesperson on projects and programs and acting as advisor to management and customers on advanced aseptic processing technical research studies and applications of new advanced processing equipment.
- Contribute in a team environment on technical issues pertaining to Aseptic equipment and processes as they arise across the plant network. Provide expertise and support to help resolve escalated technical issues as required
- Continue to build on aseptic processing knowledge. Remain current on state-of-the-art for systems and processes and advise on the appropriate adoption and use of new techniques and technology throughout the network. Remain current on all cGMP worldwide.
- Support development and / or review of User Requirement Specifications (URS) for process, equipment and automation systems across the network Co-Ordinate and complete review of all relevant design documents including layouts and P + ID’s.
- Support the execution of site projects within aseptic filling manufacturing areas across the network. Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable corporate policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results and metrics for projects assigned via sound design early risk management and implementation of a right first-time approach
- Facilitate the review, approval and execution process of Engineering and Validation life cycle documentation as requested.
Still interested? for this role, you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 15 + years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- As an SME, you will have 10+ years’ experience in an Aseptic Processing environment in the Pharmaceutical Industry with specific specialized expertise in Upstream Processes, Downstream Processes, Fill / Finish, CIP/SIP Single Use System Technology Clean Utilities, and HVAC systems.
- Good technical knowledge with excellent project engineering principles i.e. all phases of project life cycle - URS through to hand-over.
- Experience leading HAZOP, FMEA, or Risk Assessments for pharmaceutical process projects.
- Proven ability to work in a high paced matrix organization.
- Ability to travel to manufacturing sites across the network.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
Does this sound like the right next career move for you? then apply today!
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced