Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting for a Logistics Manager for our Earlsfort Terrace office in Dublin. This role will eventually be based at our Clonshaugh site in Dublin. Logistic Manager is part of the Logistics COE within Global Distribution & Logistics organization, part of AbbVie’s Supply Chain. The LM is accountable for support and execution of logistics activities, business partnerships and GDP compliance management across all modes or transport. The LM will work closely within the COE team as well as regional logistics and QA to execute center led programs and initiatives as well as governance of our freight partnerships, packaging and temperature monitoring.
Are you intrigued? Do want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Logistics Manager would be:
- Manage Global relationship with Thermal packaging and Device monitoring partnership under AbbVie’s SRM model
- Ownership of logistics GDP solutions category financial spend and levers to deliver savings and sus-tainable cost management in logistics.
- Responsible for driving standardization of active and passive shipping strategies, temperature man-agement device standardization and optimization.
- Responsible for GDP compliance management across all modes of transport.
- Support Regional Transportation Managers with process standardization and optimization.
- Manage TPM freight shipping process for Finished product
- Drive data driven decision making and analytics activities on behalf of logistics.
- Own center led business partnerships with cross functional stakeholder groups such as procurement, QA, Manufacturing, Security.
- Support RFx events and procurement activities as required.
- Support Sustainability strategy and initiatives in Logistics
So, what do you need to do this role?
- University degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain, or related field
- Proficient knowledge of GDP requirements for transport operations preferred
- Experience managing third party suppliers.
- Knowledge of transportation modes and global and local logistics industries.
- Strong communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Supply chain and planning experience would be a bonus but not a requirement
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced