Ready to make a global impact? We offer that
Investment in your leadership career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a Director, Operational Excellence (OpEx) who will be responsible for the overall leadership of Operational Excellence Programs within the AbbVie manufacturing organization. In this role, you will drive cross manufacturing site programs within the Business Strategy & Transformation function. As an expert in your field, you will have strong data analytics and management skills, including the ability to interpret business needs, translate them into operational requirements and drive standardization and improvement towards those requirements. As the Director, Operational Excellence (OpEx), you must have the ability to work independently, with a strong Operational Excellence and manufacturing background and knowledge of complex Lean & Six Sigma methodologies and tools. In this role, you will be operating as an effective and engaged leader where they will enable the Operational Excellence strategy, lead stakeholder engagement and communication to senior leadership.
Does this opportunity excite you? then read on for a snapshot of your key responsibilities:
• You will provide Strategic Transformation expertise to manufacturing through Process Improvement Systems and establish Operational excellence program strategy and timelines, and support implementation.
• Drive large, cross-functional process excellence initiatives with demonstrable impacts on metrics and business results.
• Drive cross functional alignment on OpEx Program outcomes.
• Deploy where appropriate known OpEx Programs (Lean transformations) and stay industry relevant on external benchmarking and trends.
•Ensure consistency of tools and alignment overall OpEx strategy while leading team discussions to resolve issues and ensure team alignment throughout program execution.
•Define OpEx Programs budget requirements and report monthly actuals, LBE
•Drive Benchmark with other industries who are implementing Business or Operational Excellence.
What education & experience do you need?
• You will have a Bachelor in Science or Engineering (MBA or Ph.D is an advantage) with 10+ years of industry experience, and 5 or more years senior management experience in a global and multi-cultural environment
• Demonstrated management skills working on business transformation projects in a complex multi-disciplined environment with industry application of recognized models (Shingo, Class A etc.)
• Black Belt certification is a plus, minimum Green Belt certification
• You will have demonstrated experience in leading operational excellence projects of significant size and scope using OpEx methodologies, resulting in quantifiable business benefit
• For this role, it is important that you have strong knowledge of GMP Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence with strategic thinking, innovation and leadership skills
• Strong communication, organization, analytical, presentation, and people skills.
Ready to be an AbbVie leader? Then apply today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced