Want to drive new innovation? We offer that
Ready to invest in your career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we've known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients' lives worldwide. In short, we know it takes "you" to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, creating a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Business Technology Project Manager - Manufacturing to join our technology team in Ireland - in this role, you could be based in Cork, Dublin, Sligo or Mayo. In this role,you will be responsible for deployment of new technologies across the AbbVie manufacturing network. You will be a multi-domain expert highly competent in project delivery across large geographical network. This is a key strategic technical role ensuring the successful adoption and operation of technologies which spans customer experience, quantifying with data improvement opportunities, and the tactics to achieve such as step change improvements in AbbVie’s technical deployments
In this role, you will:
• Establish close working relationship with all manufacturing sites. Builds deep working knowledge of site organizational structure, management style, project management organization, resource models and technical capabilities.
• Proactively works to standardize engagement with manufacturing sites. Builds standard project models to minimize variability in project execution across site engagements.
• Lead pre-deployment activities ensuring that projects are appropriately mature. Principal gatekeeper for ‘deployment’ stage-gate. Responsible for ensuring all prerequisite deliverables fulfilled before embarking on site deployments.
• Make recommendations to technical specialists on deployment models available within manufacturing. Proactively drives for automation and standardization of deployment tools focusing on increased efficiency and reduced deployment overheads.
• Be responsible for creation, approval and adherence to project quality and execution plans for respective projects. Ensures stakeholder buy-in and engagement.
• Be responsible for compliance with global and local change management policies and procedures. Brokers relationship between BTS and Engineering change agents ensuring alignment and continuity across respective change mechanisms. Builds standard change templates in ServiceNow, Soltraqs and Kneat to support efficient change management.
• Manage deployment schedules, integration with site manufacturing schedule and coordination of global and local resources.
• Have defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
• Support sister department projects where significant site engagement is required.
• Drive the security PIT score process and security / resiliency risk quantification effort.
• Help assess sites digital maturity and support the development of a technology road map to more secure and reliant foundation that enables sites to capture OpEx value.
Intruiged? then read on......
Education & Experience
• You will have a Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
• Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline.
• Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Ready for the move? Then apply today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced