Great benefits and career progression? We Offer That!
Making a global impact in your role? We Offer That Too!
Ready to join the AbbVie Team?
The complexities of our global organisation provide unique opportunities for growth, job stability, and the pursuit of what matters most to us in our lives. Our passion for operational excellence helps us have a remarkable impact on lives worldwide while maintaining a strong work/life balance that keeps us focused and fulfilled.
We are now recruiting for an Associate Director, EHS to join our Clonshaugh site in Dublin. The Associate Director, EHS is responsible for implementing and continually improving EHS programs for the site. The Associate Director, EHS is Head of the EHS department and reports to the site General Manager. The position coordinates, directs and promotes EHS initiatives. The Associate Director EHS is responsible for the overall implementation of EHS programmes that meet the company goals of creating an injury free workplace, promoting employee wellbeing and ensuring environmental best practices are adhered to. The Associate Director, EHS is a strategic role and must be able to anticipate, recognise, and resolve issues that impact EHS compliance and other business requirements e.g., efficiency, throughput, quality.
So, if you are ambitious and driven to make a real impact on a global scale, read on to find out more and apply….
Primary duties and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Act as lead point of contact for the site management team in relation to all aspects of EHS.
- Lead a team of EHS professionals to maintain and grow the EHS management systems.
- Ensure the EHS team has the capability to meet performance expectations. This includes building capability, providing ongoing mentoring, providing timely recognition as well as performance feedback.
- Apply judgment to data analytics and trends.
- Maintain compliance with environmental permits, licenses, and registrations.
- Liaise with Health and Safety Authority (HSA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other Regulatory representatives.
- Overall responsibility for the Occupational Health Function. Partner with Occupational Health Professionals to deliver an expert service to Management, HR and Service Users.
- Develop and implement programs that develop the site EHS culture.
- Partner with Corporate EHS during the implementation of corporate goals and objectives and during Internal EHS audits.
- Keep up to date with regulatory/legislative requirements and ensure that action plans are implemented to address changes that may arise.
- Seek process innovation and continuous process improvement.
- Set EHS plans and continually review the implementation of goals and objectives.
- Oversee and/or take part in inspection activities related to Safety, Environment and Occupational Health on a scheduled basis to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with EHS management systems.
- Collaborate with EHS personnel from other AbbVie locations to ensure consistency and best practices across the enterprise.
- Lead and Maintain ISO certification for ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following Education and Experience:
- Degree in a Health and Safety, Science, Environmental Engineering or Engineering is a minimum requirement.
- A post graduate qualification in Health and Safety is also desirable.
- 10 years related experience in a pharmaceutical industry or other industrial setting.
- 5 years’ experience in an EHS management role.
- Demonstrated experience applying sound engineering principles and reasoning to troubleshoot complex process challenges.
- Experience in making effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to management.
- Demonstrated success as an HSE leader in a business experiencing high rates of growth or change
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then join AbbVie!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced