Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting a Technical Production Training Specialist to join our join our team in our Cork site (Carrigtwohill). This person will act as Production Technical Specialist in compliance with the regulatory and legal requirements of this title. The Production Technical Specialist will support operations leadership in ensuring best in class operational efficiency and effectiveness in the manufacturing area. Taking the lead on training, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), continuous improvement, and compliance improvement projects and initiatives.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a Technical Production Training Specialist would be:
- To engage in the applicable AbbVie EHS&E programmes.
- Ensuring all new manufacturing employees are inducted and on boarded in an inclusive & efficient manner.
- Communicating and co-ordinating with Supervisors & Operators ensuring all operators are fully trained, JSTM’s are maintained and up to date and all operator Instructor Led Training (ILT) is completed both internally and externally with no overdue training accepted.
- Production SME on RCA, scheduling and facilitating of Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s) within the production facility as needed.
- To provide production technical input as required to departmental RCA’s.
- Update and maintain the manufacturing training matrix monthly to ensure clear visual indication of the role’s operators are trained in.
- Develop and map a cross training plan in conjunction with the production managers and supervisor to drive cross functional training across the production team.
- Ensure all training documentation within the production plant is adequately stored.
- Improve safety of the manufacturing area in conjunction with other departmental representatives using the Green Button safety management system to target improvement areas.
- Lead and support implementation of Lean, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement initiatives in manufacturing.
- Support and or lead manufacturing and site training improvement initiatives e.g. compliance Wire.
- Update SOP’s, batch records, logbooks etc to support CAPA closure and improve manufacturing compliance standards.
- Perform all other related duties and assignments as required.
Education and Experience:
- Third level qualification in science, engineering or other relevant discipline preferable.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a production manufacturing environment (Oral Sold Dosage) is preferred.
- Training & Experience in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Experience on a wide range of manufacturing equipment and systems preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Document Management Systems or other GXP applications is required. E.g, Isotrain, Compliance Wire and Soltraqs.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to generate training content and lead training sessions.
- Fluent written and verbal English.
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced