Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting a Senior Analyst, Global Trade Compliance (GTC) to join our diverse Team in AbbVie Ireland. This role can be based from any of our Irish sites. The Sr. Analyst, Global Trade Compliance (GTC)The purpose of this position is to manage the import/export compliance and operational activities as well as all efforts in Ireland to ensure adherence with laws, improve operational efficiency, and facilitate reduction of tariff and non-tariff barriers. The position will also operationally support manufacturing operations across the EU and potentially other regions.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as Sr. Analyst, Global Trade Compliance (GTC) would be:
- Work directly with EU manufacturing sites and with BPO to ensure that all import/export transactions are in compliance with Customs Law and resolve day-to-day issues that result in border delays.
- Act as the secondary point of contact with Irish customs to address any requests for audits and inspections.
- Provide guidance to local AbbVie and Allergan business personnel on matters concerning import & export requirements.
- Assist in managing the integrity of trade data for local Irish purposes (i.e. tariff code, country of origin, valuation) and support monitoring of the system in which they are maintained.
- Provide guidance on documentation, tariff classification, customs valuation, and country of origin determination.
- Monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes and alert the appropriate parties internally on the impact to the business.
- Help develop and drive solutions/strategies to issues faced by the businesses and the necessary controls around any change.
- Participate in import/export/duty management projects that focus on driving efficiencies or cost savings for the company (e.g. Inward Processing). This includes performing detailed analysis of trade processes to eliminate non-value add activities and quantifying the impact.
- Provide trainings and knowledge sharing to improve business knowledge and operational performance and ensure compliance with importing/exporting regulations.
- Facilitate the capturing and analyzing of metrics associated with the Irish operation for reporting up to the site and Global Trade Compliance leadership.
- Support GTC managers in the deployment of a self-audit program to ensure continued compliance with customs law and internal policies.
- Monitoring of the supply chain customs and security programs (AEO) and reporting of findings to Global Trade Compliance leadership.
Education & Experience
- Proficient in English
- University degree in a related field (e.g., international trade, supply chain, logistics, public management & policy, public revenue and treasury)
- 3-5 years of experience working in a broker’s agency, multinational company, or consulting firm, in customs authority or logistics/supply chain.
- Knowledge on Administration, Foreign Trade Law, Customs Law, Tariff Codes, etc.
- In-depth knowledge on import/export regulations and activities, etc.
- Knowledge and experience on Irish Customs
- Proactive, negotiation and flexibility abilities.
- Strong communications skills.
- Computer Skills: must have excellent ability managing Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Visio, SAP GTS, ECC and BW
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced