A career of limitless possibility? We offer that.
Unleashing your full potential? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
Our employees work every day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people to join the team.
We are currently sourcing a Compliance Engineer to join our Engineering team in our Carrigtwohill site in Cork. In this position, you will support the Engineering leadership team and function in ensuring best in class operational efficiency and effectiveness. You will get experience in leading stabilisation and process improvement activities, while supporting and taking the lead on safety, compliance, quality.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as Compliance Engineer would be:
- Manage compliance for the Engineering function, across Quality, EHS, Maintenance including statutory inspections
- Build quality into all aspects of work by ensuring compliance to all quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance of the Engineering area in conjunction with other departmental representatives. Use issues as identified as part of the quality management system such as NCR’s, Quarterly Quality Mgt Reviews, Virtus, Compliance Walkdowns to target improvement areas.
- Lead and deliver on key activities and projects as identified by the Engineering Manager & the Engineering Management team on an on-going basis.
- Improve safety of the engineering area in conjunction with other departmental representatives. Use identified trends as part of the safety management system to target improvement areas.
- In collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor monitor, identify and implement projects to improve engineering process/business process efficiencies to improve process flows, reduce costs and eliminate waste. Target areas of downtime through various forums to target improvement areas in production and across the site.
- Manage engineering system changes including generation and update of SOP’s, Change plans, FMEAs where necessary and the management of exceptional report and CAPA actions for engineering
So, what do you need to do this role?
Education & Experience:
- A relevant 3rd level degree in Science or Engineering with ideally 2 +years’ experience working within a production manufacturing environment (Oral Sold Dosage) is preferred.
- Experience on a wide range of equipment and systems preferred.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to perform detail-orientated work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Technology experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), strong technical writing ability
- Green Belt Training preferred
So, are you ready to join our team?
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced