AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
This position designs and delivers SAP centric analytic solutions and applications that enable and enhance AbbVie’s reporting capabilities. This role delivers the analytical business requirements while ensuring high quality solutions that meet current and anticipated business needs. Responsibilities include partnering with solution architects, business associates and solution life cycle management, working with technical teams both internal and external, effective issue management and effective communication with key stakeholders.
This role will work on the implementation of reporting analytics solutions focused on managing data integrity, aggregating, reconciling, and integrating data from multiple data sources (SAP and Non-SAP) into a global consolidated SAP BW/4HANA reporting platform with Industry Best Practices to enable informed decision-making capabilities.
The candidate should have a strong business acumen and understanding of SAP business processes and proven track record in developing complex SAP HANA BW/BI enterprise solutions for global organizations.
This role will be involved in showcasing self-service analytical toolset and evangelize the capability of SAP analytics solution. Proven capability in designing and enabling high performance data visualization and analytical toolsets is preferred.
- Work closely with solution architect, business and functional team to understand and define system requirements, recommend SAP BW HANA technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Design, develop and implement of SAP BW HANA and Native HANA solutions.
- Develop technical specifications/detailed design for BW HANA data modeling.
- Develop Queries and Analytical solutions in Analytics Cloud or Analysis for Office.
- Participate in solution architecture design in projects to ensure designed architecture meets industry standards and quality gates.
- Responsible for performance tuning of BW systems utilizing best practices to support effective analytics performance.
- Work with security team on BW/HANA security setup and enforce data governance standards and processes
- Responsible for root cause analysis and providing solutions for SAP BW Reporting production and development issues.
- Mentor resources and share expertise/best practices on BW/HANA development
- Introduce Best Practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate
- 7+ years hands-on experience in SAP BW and HANA.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Well versed with Data warehousing concepts with a minimum 2 end-to-end SAP BW or HANA implementations.
- Deep understanding of SAP HANA Data Modeling techniques and HANA Studio using Attribute View, Analytic View, Calculation View and Table Function.
- Experience with Data provisioning, Transformation, Modeling, Security and authorization using HANA DB and BW.
- Excellent skills in SQL script to answer immediate business requirements.
- Experience with frontend visualization tools and dashboards using Business Objects WEBI, SAP Analytics Cloud, Qlik or Power BI.
- Demonstrated understanding of core business processes such as Finance, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay or Supply Chain.
- General understanding and technical expertise of SAP SLT/SDI, enterprise-class ETL and middleware tools.
- Experience in Data Governance - data masking, data mapping, cleansing.
- Experience in Agile BI development is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- SAP HANA Certification is a plus.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation