Want to be recognized for your leadership capabilities? We offer that
Investment in your career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a Senior Manager Operational Excellence (OpEx) who will be responsible for the overall leadership of Operational Excellence Programs within the AbbVie manufacturing organization. In this role, you will drive cross manufacturing site programs within the Business Strategy & Transformation function. To be successful in this role, you must have strong data analytics and management skills, including the ability to interpret business needs, translate them into operational requirements and drive standardization and improvement towards those requirements. You will be able to work independently, with a strong Operational Excellence and manufacturing background and knowledge of complex Lean & Six Sigma methodologies and tools. This is a great opportunity for you to operate as an effective and engaged leader where you will enable the Operational Excellence strategy, lead stakeholder engagement and communication to senior leadership.
Does this opportunity excite you? then read on for a snapshot of your key responsibilities:
• You will provide OpEx strategy to manufacturing across the AbbVie network, managing the implementation of overall OpEx strategic programs.
• Drive the AbbVie Operational Excellence process across the network and identify synergies and common ground between AbbVie sites.
• Deploy KPI’s and data analytics to identify improvements.
• In this role, you will drive large, cross-functional process excellence initiatives with demonstrable impacts on business results, driving cross functional alignment on OpEx Program outcomes and ensuring consistency of tools and alignment overall OpEx strategy.
•Lead team discussions to resolve issues and ensure team alignment throughout program execution.
•Define OpEx Programs budget requirements and report monthly actuals, LBE
• Benchmark with other industries who are implementing Business or Operational Excellence.
What education & experience do you need?
• You will have a Bachelor in Science or Engineering with demonstrated management skills working on OpEx projects in a multi-disciplined environment
• Black Belt certification is a plus but at a minimumm you should have the Green Belt certification.
• Demonstrable experience in leading operational excellence projects of significant size and scope using OpEx methodologies, resulting in quantifiable business benefit in a global and multi-cultural environment.
• Hands-on experience applying lean manufacturing, 6-Sigma and advanced planning and control methods/tools is needed for this role and you will have strong knowledge of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence (Pharma/Bio or Device).
• You will have 7+ years of industry experience, 5 or more years OpEx experience in a leadership capacity.
• To success in this role, you will be a strategic thinking, innovative leader with strong communication, organization, analytical, presentation, and people skills.
Ready to be an AbbVie leader? Then apply today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced