Reporting to the Associate Director of Payroll and Tax, this position will provide direction to Shared Service location and a geographically dispersed team in over 46 countries. In addition to the scope of responsibilities outlined below, this position will be involved with pre-assignment payroll activities, reviewing and verifying monthly payroll files generated internally or by global payroll vendors, enforcing key payroll deadlines and assisting with ensuring payroll is audit ready. The individual will assist with the management of global payroll partnerships and relocation programs, and with employees on payroll and tax related matters. Working in a collaborative team environment, this position will assist with maintaining budgets for internationally mobile populations, optimization of expatriate payroll delivery and ensuring regulatory compliance across various jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with Global Payroll partners both internally and externally through Global Payroll Vendor (GVP) to process and deliver accurate and timely Expatriate Payroll. Access payroll tax risks and reporting obligations for the globally mobile employee population. Review and validate payroll files (e.g. Payroll Reconciliation File, Bank File) and reports generated internally or by the GPV and approve for processing. (US and Puerto Rico and other countries as requested)
- Resolution of errors; support year end payroll activities for expat payroll
- Ensure correct reporting of benefits and gross ups and completeness of compensation being reported.
- Work with local payrolls to ensure equity transactions are reported on time and as instructed.
- Partner closely with HR partners to deliver internal reward programs effectively and accurately to the mobile and relocated population.
- Prior experience with working with Shared Service Locations and geographically dispersed payroll teams.
- Payroll vendor management involving multiple vendors in different countries.
- Support expatriate payroll audits globally.
- Manage global expatriate compensation and tax payments.
- Assess reporting obligations in cross border jurisdictions.
- Research and draft initial recommendations for pay structuring and pay splits between home and host locations.
- Draft balance sheets and cash flow statements to articulate net take home pay to employees.
- Discuss concepts of tax equalization and calculate hypothetical tax withholdings.
- Assess reasonableness of equity income prorations for home and host payroll reporting.
- Review benefits in kind for inclusion in home and host payroll, audit cross border payslips for accuracy.
- Maintain a Benefits in Kind files for payroll adjustments monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Assist with technical review of compensation reporting and identification of payroll codes for pre- and post tax deductions.
- Support non-US payroll reconciliations.
Finance and Accounting:
- Assist in maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for expatriate payroll and accounting.
- Assist in developing training materials for global payroll teams.
- Assist in assessment of accruals adequacy, including for trailing equity obligations.
- Assist with establishment and maintenance of expat budgets including run rates.
- Manage end-to end expat payroll reporting processes in over 46 countries for various policy types.
- Assist with ad hoc projects to assess and maintain global expatriate payroll compliance.
- Assist with implementing global process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in global expatriate payroll, coupled with finance and expatriate tax compliance experience.
- Knowledge of US payroll and tax concepts.
- 3-4 years of public accounting experience in global mobility strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality; deadline and results-driven
- Understanding of Finance functional areas and awareness of GAAP along with global Finance and Accounting Standards.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, as well as to get results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- People management skills.
- Ability to Identify process improvements opportunities and launch cost savings initiatives
- Strong analytical, consultative, Stakeholder Management
- Ability to travel 10-15%.
- Ability to interact and articulate various expatriate program related nuances to internal and external teams within numerous arenas of the Finance and HR organizations including Payroll, Benefits, Operations, Total Rewards, Executive Compensation and Talent Management
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced