Want to make a global impact? We Offer That
Ready to be recognised as a leader? We Offer That too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing an experienced Director, International Procurement – Europe, Asia, Latin America and Canada to join our high performing diverse, leadership team. Reporting to VP, Commercial & Indirect Procurement, you will be a key member of the Procurement and Supplier Management (PSM) Leadership Team, providing maximum value to the corporation through coordinated, global procurement and strategic sourcing for commercial and indirect goods and services.
Interested? then read on for a snapshot of your key responsibilities....
• Operate as a strategic business partner to the Europe and Intercontinental Commercial and Commercial Finance leadership team.
• Develop and lead the PSM OUS Purchasing Managers and Category Managers to support the needs of the country and regional affiliate organizations to achieve their business objectives through proper selection, qualification, contracting and management of suppliers.
• Build OUS category management strategies that fully leverage preferred global and multinational suppliers where applicable.
• Establish and maintain a highly engaged OUS team that celebrates the diversity of cultures and operates with a collaborative All For One AbbVie approach.
• Identify and implement local, regional and global processes and tools to ensure compliance with regulations and policies while increasing efficiency and effectiveness with agile solutions.
• Become a talent magnet to identify, recruit and retain highly skilled procurement professionals that are solution oriented and focused on continual improvement.
• Drive the company to deliver optimum supply chain value through selection of quality suppliers, fact-based negotiations, and performance-based contracting to protect the company's interests.
• Provides coordination for like purchases across assigned regions, ensuring bundling of spend to optimize buying leverage for the company.
• Regionally improve the efficiency of procurement processes and systems in alignment with PSM leadership
• Provide regional guidance to personnel that analyze markets and market timing, analyze spend, analyze economic indicators and indices, evaluate make-buy options, review bid documents, negotiate, review contracts, manage contract dossiers.
• Lead Regional Supplier Relationship Management by embedding principles, processes, tools and governance to manage suppliers appropriately.
• Drive eProcurement activities within the regions, including eRFx and reverse auction activities for savings and operational efficiencies.
• Leads the international procurement strategy and sets direction for assigned spend categories including commercial and indirect goods and services.
• Development of senior level relationships with regional suppliers to anticipate and proactively address critical issues.
• Drives geographic stakeholder alignment within Europe, Asia, Latin America and Canada on spend management, savings opportunities and strategic supplier sourcing needs.
• Drives business unit stakeholder alignment with AbbVie / Allergan Aesthetics and therapeutic commercial organizations as well as affiliate indirect needs.
• Ensures that the functions, countries, and business units understand and comply with the appropriate corporate policies and processes as they related to procurement transactions.
• Internal coordination with PSM leadership on process, technology, organizational alignment, and strategic procurement imperatives.
• Leads international category and procurement managers in a manner that ensures staff understand and appreciate how their contributions add value to business objectives. Leads inclusively, driving culture, equality, equity diversity, inclusion, and staff engagement.
For this role, you will have:
• A relevant 3rd level degree with a minimum of 15 years’ of procurement/sourcing experience with increasing global responsibility and experience in a large matrixed company environment
• 5+ years' experience leading teams in multiple countries with a focus on building diverse, high performing teams
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in a complex, global organization
• Strong leadership and effective business partnering capabilities – influence without authority
• Strong business acumen with demonstrated success developing, and executing on a multi-year strategy
• Strong project and change management skills
This role can be based in Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Scotland, UK, France, Austria, Singapore, USA.
So, are you ready now to be part of this ambitious and diverse leadership team? Apply today!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.