Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
Business Development Manager represents the Facial Aesthetics product portfolio to targeted aesthetic customers within a designated geographical area. Responsible for creating product acceptance and enhancing portfolio growth through business development activities. The BDM provides technical product and procedure expertise as well as competitive product differentiation. Assigned sales goals are obtained through creative, consultative selling and implementation of the U.S. Sales/Marketing plan. The company offers flexible career paths with a strong emphasis on opportunity for internal mobility.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager (BDM) leverages Allergan Medical resources to enhance adoption of the Facial Aesthetics Portfolio. Synergistically works and coordinates activities with other Allergan sales personnel and support teams (include, but are not limited to, facial aesthetics, breast aesthetic, APCs, neurology, topical aesthetics, medical dermatology, marketing, and other Allergan sales forces). Complies with required reports, requests, and compliance policies Effectively manages field assets and resources to include, but not limited to, expense management, computer and other allocated equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- 3 to 5 years successful medical sales/practice management experience
- 7 to 10 years business experience
- Experience and knowledge of general marketing principles and concepts within the healthcare environment
- Experience and knowledge of inner workings of a physicians practice
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proven selling skills
- Strong and effective consultative skills
- Strong conflict and problem resolution skills
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong contract/negotiating skills
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Ability to travel
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Proficiency on excel, word, power point and other software skills