AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director, Global Marketing - Oncology
Reporting to the Director of Venclexta/Venclyxto CLL, Global Marketing, this position supports the development and execution of the marketing strategies and tactics at the Global, Areas, and Country-Affiliate level. Collaborates and engages with a matrixed team, which includes (but not limited to): market access, medical affairs, finance, regulatory, legal, supply operations, health economics, clinical development, R&D, public affairs, medical and regulatory review, patient relations, business insights, OEC, and sales training.
Conceptualizes and implements CLL Global Brand insights, strategy and tactics. Manages agencies and project budgets to deliver on time results that drive the business. Builds relationships with key area and affiliate, cross functional teams to support strategic and tactical medical marketing deliverables and effectively roll out at global brand team meetings. Leads/develops and rolls out to Areas and Affiliate teams strategic business plans and tactics. Applies market and customer understanding to the execution of the brand story, messages and core tactical deliverables. Provides input for business development/alliance projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads cross functional team and global affiliates to generate effective brand strategies and plans that deliver business results. Identifies, analyzes, and translates product, brand, customer, patient, and relevant information to frame and solve business problems and build effective marketing plans.
- Effectively directs research team efforts in primary research projects and understands the healthcare business environment including familiarity with global markets and payers, distribution channels, and pricing strategies.
- Lead and develop global patient marketing and advocacy programs with affiliates, functional and agency partners to deliver projects on time and budget.
- Develop and articulate effective medical marketing strategies that provide impact, are executable in affiliates including; External Expert/KOL plan, strategic speaker training, communication tools and program execution, EE Content, disease state campaigns and content
- Continually evaluate and apply knowledge of the effectiveness (share impact/ROI) and efficiency (expense control) of promotional tactics.
- Effectively leads projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance guidelines are followed.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- This position requires strong leadership competencies, specifically in terms of influence management, effectively gaining consensus for new approaches, leading through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple partners.
- Great teammate who enjoys working independently and with minimal supervision!
- Proven expertise in interpersonal change management and culture change is strongly preferred.
- Strong business writing and oral communication skills with experience in presentation development are required.
- Outstanding social skills with emphasis on leadership, relationship development and influence skills.
- Strong attention to detail - ensures accuracy of communications.
- Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, organizational relations.
- Achieve results through people (matrix organization).
- Achieve the respect of peers and management for their level of knowledge, insights, contribution, engagements and delivered results.
- Ability to engage with and motivate Area and Affiliate Brand Team leaders.
- Willingness to travel at least 20%
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field. MBA desired.
- Advanced experience in Sales, Medical Affairs and Marketing is desired.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Experience and proven track record in Onco-hematology. 3-5 years of oncology experience is desired.
- Multiple experiences within commercial pharmaceutical roles (Brand, MHC, Sales, BD, NPD)
- Understanding of attributes of other functional areas and impact of relevant decisions. Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Experience and ability to demonstrate financial planning and analysis skills.
- Experience in product launches on a Global level.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation