A core architect for software projects on the Supply Chain Digitalization and Segmentation Capabilities product roadmap. Uses a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs. Conceives, designs, and (depending on technology) may engineer and implement data and software solutions that provide significant Supply Chain benefits. As required, will investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains throughout multiple Supply Chain business areas. Acts as a lead in their area of expertise and critically evaluates relevant technological advances; integrates this knowledge into new business technology solutions.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying system flow, data usage, work processes, and investigating problem areas. Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g. host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Demonstrates knowledge of Supply Chain and utilizes this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring minimal direction or guidance from supervisor.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across multiple IT and business teams and produce solutions that meet requirements of each.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost-effective application programming solution. Understands code to make recommendations on new programs and modifying existing.
- Matures and leverages relationships with IT and business partners in accordance with AbbVie values.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more when collaborating with multiple BTS roles on projects.
- Understands and adheres to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of experience or Master’s Degree 6 years of experience or PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
•Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
•Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
•Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced