- Coordinate in-field activity to achieve results and agreed-upon targets. Maximize market, segment, and team dynamics to drive both top- and bottom-line results.
- Ensure smooth, collaborative efforts in both day to day and long term business execution. Set tone and pace for business process and organization.
- Understand and present a market and franchise/business point of view when leading teams and championing in-field meeting by developing a mastery of product and disease state information, as well as pertinent Market dynamics, including Managed Care landscape.
- Coach, mentor, educate and develop direct and indirect team members to enhance individual skills and elevate overall team performance. Hold direct reports accountable to behaviors and expectations.
- Provide direction and insights to key internal partners in business planning process.
- Consistently exemplify the AbbVie Ways of Working.
- This role can be hired as a Grade 18 or 19, based on the candidates experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Sales experience.
- Business analysis and planning skills that drive sales performance.
- Proven District Manager leadership to include: In good standing with safety and compliance standards. Minimum four years pharmaceutical sales management experience (external management experience can be considered). Is currently meeting performance expectations. Is living the AbbVie Way and effectively demonstrating the Leadership Attributes.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to articulate the scientific aspects of treatments and therapeutic areas
- Proven ability to deliver candid, effective feedback and efficiently manage performance. Ability to develop talent for promotional opportunities.
- Ability to create a culture of winning and full team engagement.
- Collaborates and is able to influence without authority across organizations.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced