AA is an exciting, fast growing and dynamic business. We aim to realise a double digit growth and this role will be instrumental in realizing that ambition. This position leads the development and execution of marketing strategies for the AA portfolio in the Alpine region to HCP customers, patients and, where appropriate to the end consumer.
Allergan’s aesthetic portfolio includes market leading botulinum toxin (Botox®), a range of premium facial fillers, and a revolutionary medical device for fat reduction (Coolsculpting), as well as a pipeline of further innovative aesthetic products. The portfolio includes prescription only medicines, as well as medical devices and capital equiptment. The Marketing Lead will lead a team to develop and execute marketing programmes to support brand, customer, patient and consumer awareness across all digital and non-digital channels, whilst abiding by the relevant codes of conduct.
The Marketing Lead will provide leadership to Brand- and Consumer Marketers, and a cross functional matrix team to drive strategy, execution excellence and brand success. This is a senior level position within the Alpine AA organization and the successful individual will take a place on the Alpine AA Leadership team.
The Marketing Lead will oversee his/her team’s roles in liasing with International/Regional Strategic Marketing to align on global/regional plans and activities as well as driving innovation and improvement in Allergan’s digital and consumer marketing / social media capability.
The candidate will need strong leadership and communication skills, and have significant aesthetics, consumer beauty or healthcare marketing experience. This is a highly rewarding role for somebody to lead key brands, and help shape the future of the AA business.
- Oversee the setting of annual sales targets and forecasts, for established and new products.
- Routinely utilise market data to appraise brand performance and take action as appropriate
- Oversee promotional budgets to ensure that activities are conducted as per the brand plan
Development of Brand strategy and tactical deployment
- Lead the development of robust strategic plan for brands within AA portfolio
- Lead the development of annual cross functional and operational brand plans. Align full multichannel strategy (sales team, other channels) to strategic plan
- Oversee creation of campaign assets for roll out to teams.
- Oversee development of digital marketing programmes for portfolio (in line with GDPR and HCP compliance frameworks)
- Oversee development of consumer- and patient campaigns for relevant parts of the portfolio
- Oversee management of creative and medical communication agencies
- Lead preparation and launch of new products and categories
- Ensure clear cascade of strategy and plans throughout organization with specific emphasis on sales teams.
Inspire and lead a team
- Lead, manage and develop the Marketing team to optimize their contribution to the business, enhance their work experience and develop their skills
- Work with direct reports to create individual development plans, and follow up through regular meetings. Develop a team culture aligned to Allergan’s values
- Lead cross functional marketing and brand meetings
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in marketing is required
- Must have prior consumer healthcare or beauty industry (marketing) experience
- Sales experience will be an advantage
- Product launch experience at a Country or International level will be an advantage
- Experience of strategic brand planning through to local execution
- Experience of hiring and managing external agencies (creative/med comms)
- Digital and consumer experience preferred
- Sales/sales management experience preferred, or can demonstrate how they have gained strong understanding of customer needs/insights and applied these in their marketing career
- People management / team leadership preferred
- Strong communication skills (1:1 verbal, written and presentations)
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent influencing skills
- Very strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, multi-functional, multi-stakeholder collaboration
- Ability to multi-task and to get things done
- Flexible and adaptable approach
Compliance and integrity
- You will be responsible for conducting your activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities (subject to local law/requirement).
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced