AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Brand Account Manager Gastroenterology Romandie
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative treatments that address some of the world’s most serious and complex diseases. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology and gastroenterology. In addition, AbbVie offers products and services through its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
AbbVie with headquarters in Chicago, USA, employs approximately 50,000 employees worldwide and is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2023. Around 57 million patients in more than 175 countries benefit from AbbVie medications annually. Approximately 250 employees are employed in Switzerland and the AbbVie Switzerland headquarters are located in Cham, ZG. For more information, visit our website: www.abbvie.ch
The Brand Account Manager acts as direct point of contact for assigned stakeholders in order to transfer value proposition for AbbVie Brands. He/she understands customer’s needs and adapts accordingly, guides customer to the solution and agrees on necessary steps toward it. He/she is the main commercial executor of the brand strategy in the multi-disciplinary In-Field Team. He/she continuously strives to gain market insights and proactively, transparently and constantly transfers relevant insights back the In-Field- Team.
Customer Selling and Relationship Management:
- Delivers expected performance and beyond in assigned territory (Sales)
- Differentiates AbbVie's value proposition to all healthcare providers
- Proactively and continuously aspires to understand real customer needs, lead to a solution and create a win-win situation
- Creates pre-call plans using SMART objectives, effectively evaluates and documents sales calls
- Identifies, develops and maintains disease state experts and speakers/advocates
- Utilizes innovative approaches and resources to gain access to 'difficult to see' customers
- Continuously strives to gain market intelligence: insights into customer needs, expectations and environmental challenges (e.g. dedicates significant effort to the questioning stage of the stakeholder interaction in order to capture valuable insights around needs and expectations)
Clinical and Market Knowledge Development:
- Develops and maintains in-depth disease, product, market and competitive intelligence expertise
- Constantly seeks opportunities and act on them to grow existing accounts and open new ones
- Develops and improves understanding of the emerging multi-stakeholder environment
- Develops a cycle journey plan that optimizes own as well as In Field Team/Brand Team resources to defined key customers, acts on it and constantly tracks progress
- Continuously analyzes sales reports and field intelligence
- Accurately identifies customer position on sales cycle; effectively targets and tracks resources to maximize sales opportunities
- Understands market challenges and identifies business opportunities; deploys existing value-adding solutions to customers or drives the development of new tailored solutions
- Consistently achieves set call metrics to maximize sales
- Adheres to industry and AbbVie compliance requirements while managing the territory
- Shares relevant insights to the In-Field and Brand Team
- Shares best practice across the In-Field and Brand Team
- Networks in the In-Field Team to ensure support from other in-field roles or other identified roles within the organization to best address customer challenges
- Mentors new Sales Representatives to enhance collaborative ways of working in the In-Field Team
- Guide the design of innovative projects, multi-channel opportunities and multi-stakeholder initiatives to meet strategic brand objectives and control budget of the transferred projects.
- Concept development of customer journeys in co-creation with internal and external key stakeholders to maximize the customer engagement.
- Ensure all focus projects are realized and followed up in full collaboration with the In-Field team and Brand Team.
- Independent planning and implementation of projects and events on a regional and national level to support the Infield team in their execution.
Qualifications and experience:
- Primary degree in science/nursing preferable
- Practical knowledge and understanding of customer/disease area requirements
- In-depth product, therapeutic and competitive knowledge
- Proficiency in the use of business tools
- Industry and local market situation
- Policies, protocols and political environment that may affect the work of assigned stakeholders
- Relevant industry sales experience
- Launch experience is a plus
Critical skills required for the role:
- Active listening & negotiation
- Territory management
- Analyzing and problem solving
- Outstanding communicator
- Outstanding team player skills
- Fluency in English and French are a must
AbbVie is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at AbbVie via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of AbbVie. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by AbbVie as a result of the referral or through other means.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation